cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue_Scheduler

Former Member
0 Kudos

SMQR...QIN Scheduler..Should it always be called Queue_Scheduler or can we use Parallel_Generator also? I guess I'm trying to understand the difference between Queue_Scheduler and the Parallel_Generator. Any help is greatly appriciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So essentially you go to RZ12 and define any RFC group and come back under SMQR and put the same group name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the Queue_Scheduler has to be called Queue_Scheduler or can it be called anything??? Is there any dependency on the name?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no name dependency. But this is the terminology used in XI

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has to be called queue_scheduler for some calls from outside sap that call fm SPBT_INITIALIZE. However you still need to have another entry for parallel_processing, same instance or another one in RZ12.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QinSchedular has maily concentreating on inbound queues:

QIN Scheduler has the task of activating as many

inbound queues (not outbound queues) as possible using the current system resources. So that qRFC applications can

still process their queues themselves, the QIN Scheduler will only start queues that are already registered. Moreover, the

QIN Scheduler can also check the runtime of a queue at the end of a LUW execution in order to delay another execution

of the LUWs of this queue if necessary, so that other queues can also be edited.

Parallel genereator: Kindly let me know did u find this word in XI ?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In XI u have to use the QIN Scheduler for scheduling the LUWs. I think parallel_generators are linked with the Process chains of BI and unrelated to XI.

Regards,

Prateek