I have completed following :

Install of Database

Creation of Database

Configuration of Database

Install of Master Data Server

Install of Import Server

Install of Syndication Server

Business Content Product and Material 5.5

1) on MDM Console when I right click on the repository I have option to connect to Repository? which user ID and password should be used for it ?

2) Is there a special MDM user which I need to create for connecting to the repositories?

3) I tried to login to Import Manager so on the very first screen it ask me the Repository name, username and password so I gave the user name password which I created for the end users to use (not the same with which I created the repository ) and it said "Invalid Logon Credentials" then I tried with the user which created this repository still the same error?

Thanks in advance for you guidance.

Regards,

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Initially u can connect to repository with username as Admin and no password .

Then under Admin node in repository under users node u can create users to connect to repository.(set the username and password,here u can also change the default password for Admin user).Under Roles node u can change the functionality of particular user whether particular user can create /delete records/tables etc.Save changes and load the repository.

Using same username created in Console u can logon to import manager.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Nisha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

In addition of all the info,

when you unarchive any repository or you create any new repository in Console then Remember always the defaul user would be as "Admin" with the password blank.

by this credential, you can login into the repository.

when you logged into the repository, there is a admin section in each and every repository where you can create more users and roles as per your requirement.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Many Thanks for such a detailed explaination on this. I am new to MDM hence getting these basic questions. Each of you is awarded points for this.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

As told to you for the first time login using Admin in the user (Note that A of Admin is capital while other letters are small) and nothing in the password. Once you are connected to the repository then you can create roles under the admin node of your repository in console and also create users under the admin node. Assigns the roles created earlier to the users created according to your scenario. Only the functions you define for a particular role can be performed by the user having that role. One user can have multiple roles and also multiple users can have same role.You connect to the repository by using the login credentials of any of these users created by you in console under admin node. First time you are able to login by Admin as it is the role created by default when you create a repository.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Try Connecting to repository with Admin as user id and nothing in password for the first time when you are connecting to a repository. Then afterwards you can define the set the password for Admin and use that to connect to repository.

For Import Manager also it will work this way.For me it worked.

I hope I am able to solve your problem.

Regards

Dilmit Chadha