cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger problem while activating Datasource..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I am getting very strange problem on BI 7.0. Whenever I try to activate datasource, transformation, DTP or Replicate metadata, I get the debugger launched up in a separate window. I have to manually Step Over the code (F6) each time for about 2-3 minutes. Then on the original window, I get message that Datasource is activated.

However the second debug window is still open with an hourglass. I have to manually STOP TRANSACTION and close that window.

If I dont Step Over the code then my datasource does not get activated so I have to do this step.

What could be causing this frustrating problem. Is there a way to disable this debugger..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are using the new debugger included in WAS 7.0. This new debugger performs in a different way compared with the classical debugger. When there is a breakpoint in your code (session, external, had coded ...) a new mode gets opened with a session connected to the debugger.

When you click "step over" your program/transaction goes on, but the debugging session is still there. This is not an error!!

When this happens, you have 2 options to close the debugging session:

1. Go back (F3) in the SAP session from which the debugging session was launched (e.g. activate datasource, transformation...)

2. Exit debugging session from menu or stop transaction

If you prefer continue to using the classical debugger, you can configure it in user setttings (e.g from SE38) or in the debugging session selecting Debugging->Switch to Classical Debugger (See menu)

Anyway, you have to check why your transactions are getting debugged. When the debugging session opens, go to breakpoints tab and check whether you have any breakpoint in the list.

Help of new debugger: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/84/1f624f4505144199e3d570cf7a9225/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Jorge Linares