cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Splitt because of different shipping points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I got a problem in creating delivery from two different shipping points A and B.Sales order is creating ok! Then while I do delivery, I creat first delivery with Shipping point B and then with shipping point A. Everything ok!!

But if I create the delivery with shipp pt A first, the error comes as 1)delivery splits because of different shipping points. 2) delivery group 001 is not complete (delivery group will be deleted).

In SO, there are Five line items, first three line items with shipping point A and last two line items with shipping point B.

Plz le me know how to overcome with this issue.

Thanks in advance

Regards

RAHUL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This would be becuase one of the materials in shipping pt A would require another material to be delivered earlier or along with it.

And this another material would be in Shipping Pt B.

SAP uses delivery group to check wether the whole group can be delivered together, so it checks for availabilty and requirements. So what might be happening is that material X in shipping pt A would require delivery of material y in shipping pt B. Hence when you create delivery with shipping pt B, the requirements are met. Bt when you start with Shp PT A, the requirments are not met.

It happens very regularly with BOM materials and BATCH split scenarios. So if you have a BOM material and its component materials then you need to ship the main material and the primary materials first, then only you can ship componenet or secondary materials. You will able to identify a BOM material from its item category as BOM or ZBOM.

Hope this helps.

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much Abhishek, in my case..there is BOM and itz components r der. so it gives priority for it first and den secondary material.

Regards

RAHUL

SAP SD Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Could you please award points for this. It would be great help to me.

Abhishek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VL01N try to create the Delivery with Sales Order Number and also the Line Item Number of Sales order.

Thanks

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Create Two Different Deliveries like,

1.Create the 1st Delivery with the first three items using the Shipping Point A.

2. Create the 2nd Delivery with the remaining items using the Shipping Point B.

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula