cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Inbound Queue to Send Mailsu0085

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru’s,

I am in the need of help regarding the Inbound Queues (SMQ2) in XI.

Here is the scenario:

Most of the times my messages are struck in the Queues. My PI user is locking and the messages are going to the Queue and it is still their and not coming out of the Queue. Manually I need to unlock and activate my Queue.

If I can schedule the program it will keep on execute the program for the specified time and it will work.

But, I don’t want to schedule any program. I just want one mail saying that the messages are in Queue.

Let me know how to trigger a mail if any message is in the Queue.

Thanks,

Jane.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

when ever any message get stuck in XI queues,you would get an error in sxmb_moni,right?

now to generate mail you simply need to configure alerts and provide you mail ID in its configuration,as soon as any message gets stuck in queue,you will get a mail in you salert inbox as well as e-mail

Michal has a blog titled "Alert step by step".just search for it on SDN and configure the alerts

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

I don't thing once the message get struck in a Queue we will get a error message in SXMB_MONI.

My understanding we won't get any error message in sxmb_moni.

Let me know is their any other way to trigger the message to Email.

Jane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

as far as i know you will get "Scheduled for Outbound Processing" in sxmb_moni for stuck messages.

atleast i always get it when messages get stuck in SMQ2:)

Thanx

Aamir

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. If any message is struck in Q, it would have a green flag in SXMB_MONI. And there is no way.. that we can get any notification or something when this happens..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>And there is no way.. that we can get any notification or something when this happens..!!

why not?if you have configured alerts in ALRTCATDEF won't you get alert message in your mailbox?

Thanx

Aamir

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think so Aamir.. what would be trigger point for an alert? Cause this is not in AE. And nothing is wrong in the BPM if involved..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

well its definitely an error in IE:)

you have the choice of selecting AE or IE or both in alerts configuration

Thanx

Aamir

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think it would be considered as error in IE unless its a Red Flag in SXMB_MONI. I experimented with this in one of my projects..but was not successfull..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i m not sure why you didn't get any alerts for clogged messages.errors in smq1 or smq2 are technical errors and inbuilt mechanism of XI is capable of handling them.

you might wanna have a look at the below blog too

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/11/22/error-handling-framework-xiout-of-the-box-episode-1

Pl:i tried for clogged messages and got alerts

Aamir

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got you. My Q problems were on R3 side..!! My XI was never clogging messages..!! Since it was R3 side.. It was always a checkered flad in SXMB_MON of XI but a green flag in R3 SXMB_MONI..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

In my case their is no error flag it is just a arrow. Message is --> Scheduled for Process.

I am not getting any green flag or Red flag.

Thanks,

Jane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If messages get stuck in queue it is not necessary that it will raise alerts. There could be various reasons why message might get stuck in queue.

If a message gets stuck in queue and if theres no error in moni ie the status is scheduled for outbound processing. NO alerts will be raised, by alerts i mean if we are talking about standard alert management functionality(create rules, etc).

Aamir : i would be happy if i am wrong. Can you let me know what do you mean by clogged messages ie when you say "i tried for clogged messages and got alerts"

Jane

If you want to raise alerts you might have to write a report yourself and check if any entries are stuck in queue and then call FM SALRT_CREATE_API to raise alerts. But you would have to be sure since not all entries which you can see in queue means they are stuck. some entries could be there if they are currently being processed .

Regards,

Sumit

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes untill unless the Messages in the queue goto the failed state we can have alerts on them.

Amir:

I am looking for the way to raise alerts if the message in the queue is in the WAIT STATE...

If you have already comeacross raising alerts for the messages in wait state kindly let me know.....

till now i am also under impression we cannot do this....hope i am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just found some of the QRFC alerts triggering. Is this will work out for me.

SAP Note 441269 (Setting up tRFC/qRFC monitoring in the alert monitor).

Thanks,

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be achieved by setting CCMS alert to monitor the status of the queue, please check the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f0/02a63b9bb3e035e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Also check the How-To guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0b4580be-0601-0010-d3ad-bd6...

Hope somebody try this and share the result in the forum

Liang