cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

information about functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

First of all i am new here, but i hope some of you can help me.

I have read the book Solution Manager from SAP Press and the documents in the support portal but i did not find the answer. I posted in an community, but did not get an answer too.

I write a term paper about the evaluation of the Solution Manager with the possibility to substitute functions of the Solution Manager for a third party software (like the ticket system Remedy). There are functions of the service support (of ITIL) in the Solution Manager like Help Desk, Configuration Management, Problem Management and so on. Is it possible that i can replace 3rd party software by the Solution Manager or are these functions only between SAP and their costumers?

On the pictures of documents there is always a communication to SAP over the help desk, but i am not sure that this is the only opportunity, which is mean by the help desk. It is always said, that you can implement 3rd party software, but i would like substitute the 3rd party software, so i will not have x software systems, but only a few.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rene,

You can additionally read about all of these systems in the on-line help at http://help.sap.com and choose SAP Solution Manager at the botton.

There is a lot of information in there but once you are in the respective node - you can use the search methods to get more specific on your requirements.

This site is public access and doesn't require an OSS Id.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rene,

Simple answer is 'yes' and 'no' but here is a quick explination why - The Service Desk can work to support non-sap environments as it is self-contained for the general portion of its work, internal to a company - it only becomes proprietary when the messages are sent back to SAP. Project Management can be made to work with any project and not just SAP Projects as it can be made self-contained and edited within the application directly.

Change Management is specific for SAP and addresses how to manage SOX compliance with an SAP Environment to address change. Built to work with the TMS of SAP and Service Desk of Solution Manager, it is a highly integrated set of checks and balances that allows you to control change.

As anyone would tell you though - SAP is also a programming platform hosting a number of languages and interface options - so if you don't like what you see - you can always make in on your own.

If this has answered your question, please set this thread to answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot David,

Are there documents about this range of these functions and where can I find them?

Thanks and Regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

The best place I'd recommend for documents/material is:

http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman

User your OSS User ID and password for entry.

Under the heading "Available OKPs for SAP Solution Manager" on the left hand side, please click on SAP Solution Manager 4.0, it'll open a separate page.

Most of the content you would be interested, should occur under the section "Select Your Learning Map -> Technical Roles -> Customer's Support Organisation (CCC)"

You can, of course, check the other sections as well, for complete understanding.

Trust this helps.

Regards,

Srini