cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formating field on the Adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a field matnr which is displayed on the adobe form with the leading zeros. Eg 000000000001003800, However I want this field to get displayed in the internal format such as 100-3800. How to get this resolved. Has anybody worked on the same before.

Regards,

Sanjay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Based on my knowledge its not possible to restrict the leading zeros of a Text-field inside the Adobe form.

What you can do is to write the code in the Interface (if you are using a custom interface or else you can copy the standard interface into a Z interface and write the code into it).

I think you can use the function module 'BKK_DELETE_LEADING_ZERO' to remove the leading zeros, where the changing parameter will be the parameter for which the leading zeros has to be removed.

I think this should solve your problem.

Award points if helpful.

Regards,

Vignesh K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the form, you can use &MATNR(Z)&.

That should take care of it.

Or, if you want to handle it in the program, run it through FM CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_OUTPUT.

Rob

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Feb 19, 2008 4:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot edit the driver program because it is a standard program, However I don't know how I could use the conversion FM in the Adobe forms. Please let me know the exact method to write the routine in the Adobe form.

Thankx in Adv,

Sanjay

0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

You can make use of Interface initialization section.

Define a global data type (similar to one coming from report)

Call FM CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_OUTPUT in code initialization and move the modified data to global parameter.

Use the global data in layout.

I hope this will solve your issue

Regards

Sachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wrote the code in the initialization and used the conversion FM CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_OUTPUT, However the output is not coming as desired. It is printing the same as discussed above.

Item table is defined in the global parameter

thus the code looks like below:

loop at item into w_item

call function CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_OUTPUT

importing = w_item-matnr

exporting = w_item-matnr.

then I am modifying the internal table with the exporting parameter as matnr.

endloop.

I tried to put a break-point, however it does not stop there.

Is there anyother look out for this.

Regards,

Sanjay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is w_item declared?

Rob

0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

1. Make sure that you used global parameter (item table as you told) in your layout not the internal table passed from report to interface.

2. To put breakpoint in iterface coding you need to first get dynamic fucntion module name for the interface.

Regards

Sachi