cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Adapter for SAP XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know of an SFTP Adapter for SAP XI? Our project is in the need to send IDOCs to an SFTP Adapter and we would like to use a native JCA SFTP adapter. SAP has only FTP-S at the moment and I read in the forum that there is no support for SFTP.

We are using scripts at the moment but that is too much maintenance effort.

Kind regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don’t think Seeburger has a native SFTP Adapter. The SFTP Adapter from Advantco is a native version and works like the standard File/FTP one, e.g. it functions very similarly to the File/FTP one, including the File content conversion capability. I was familiar with the File/FTP adapter, so I learnt using the Advantco SFTP adapter very quickly. Another thing convincing me is that the Advantco adapter is a Netweaver-powered solution.

Hope this helps,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

SEEBURGER AG (www.seeburger.de) offers an SFTP/SCP adapter for SAP XI.

This adapter is fully integrated in the SAP XI adapter framework.

The SEEBURGER "VAN Access Adapter" for XI 3.0 which is mainy used for supporting various VAN access interfaces is also able to to scriptable secure FTP.

Not sure if this Service Marketplace URL works for you:

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700009400062004E/index.htm#VAN

(look for netweaver in detail / process integration / exchnage infrastructure in detail / connectivity / xi 3.0 / seeburger /)

Other thirdparty adapters like ARIBA also supports SFTP with XI

Refer

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I was on a project at Swisscom and they bought a native SAP XI SFTP Adapter from a company called Advantco International LLC in the US www.advantco.com . This is a Netweaver certified solution for SAP PI and we used scripts before we bought the adapter. The cost is around 18$k and much cheaper than any Seeburger stuff. We calculated that the money is recovered in no time as we do not have to maintain scripts on OS Level anymore. Before we send R/3 to XI to File Adapter and then called OS Scripts. Now we do R/3 to XI to SFTP via the SFTP Adapter. It shows up like any other adapter in PI and has very similar functions like the FTP Adapter but handles the SSH authentication.

Here is the link for the SAP partner directory I found:

http://www.sap.com/ecosystem/customers/directories/SoftwareCategorySearchResults.epx?SoftwareCategor...

And their details:

http://www.sap.com/ecosystem/customers/directories/SoftwareISVSolutions.epx?context=21B87D61C0F646A2...

We looked also at other solutions but none was certified and then if a problem occurs SAP blames it on the other vendor. We are happy with the product and the support and no more scripts are used.

I hope this helps to find the right solutions.

Cheers

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

currently XI does not provide support for SFTP,you need to buy SeeBurger adapters for that.

i kinda had the same requirement and we went via scripts(as you guys are doing)

i m not really sure about the cost involved with SeeBurger adapter, but since we didn't had too many interfaces for SFTP,we decided not to buy SeeBurger instead developed a generic Perl script to handle all the interfaces together.

if you have lots of interfaces and script maintenance is getting cumbersome,then you might wanna purchase license for SeeBurger but if you don't have too many interfaces i would go with scripts

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

I believe Seeburger VAN adapter is compatible for SFTP transfers from XI. But there are no in-built adapters that supports SFTP.

raj.