Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid UTF-8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In startsap_<name>.log of a ECC6 appear the next error:

(2377) Local: /usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/sapmscsa -n pf=/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/profile/PRD_DVEBMGS00_ap-s-sap

--- Unicode interface [u16_get.c line 227] pid = 2378 :

Invalid UTF-8 encountered by fgetcU16 (fileno 0x5)

f3 6e |.n |

--- Unicode interface -

End of message -

--- Unicode interface [u16_get.c line 227] pid = 2378 :

Invalid UTF-8 encountered by fgetcU16 (fileno 0x5)

Anybody has some idea of where can solve this error?

Thanks,

jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi,

fgetc is an C function to read your file bytes and is detecting a problem with charset encoding.

Check your profile file =/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/profile/PRD_DVEBMGS00_ap-s-sap is encoded with UTF-8 charset. You can use "file" command (see man file) or your text editor (Are you on unix or linux?).

You may also check the default encoding for your system with command "locale charmap" (maybe it is iso-8859-1 or ASCII if you are using unix). Check also whether your system has UTF-8 locale support enabled (command "locale -a"). Check the contents of the env valiable LANG, because you are using the locale informed in this variable.

C libraries use the encoding specified in env variable LC_CTYPE or LANG (In that order)

Your SAP system expects UTF-8 because your SAP installation may be Unicode.

I hope this help,

Jorge Linares

Former Member

Hello,

I had this very problem yesterday.

In my opinion, this problem occurs when you mess with the profiles (e.g:moving profiles through ftp, editing it with vi,etc....)

The solution is really simple.

Edit the profile with RZ10 (you need to edit the instance profile to get rid of the message in the log), change something and save!

This way the file is rewritten by SAP,and the problem solved

Regards.