cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runner Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 transactions that use the same XML for input. 1 works and the other gives the following error when executed from the browser.

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

-

System does not support the specified encoding. Error processing resource 'http://svmesaxmii01/Lighthammer/Runner?Transacti...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

This Works

http://svmesaxmii01/Lighthammer/Runner?Transaction=TRW/Mesa/SEND_SCRAP&Content-Type=text/xml&OutputP...;

This Does Not Work and Generates above error

http://svmesaxmii01/Lighthammer/Runner?Transaction=TRW/Mesa/SEND_SCRAP_2b&Content-Type=text/xml&Outp...;

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

Edited by: James Slaughter on Feb 19, 2008 1:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesn't look like the transaction never gets called. However, both transactions generate the exact same output. The SEND_SCRAP_2b was copied from the SEND_SCRAP transaction.

If I copy the xml into the input parameter and execute the transaction manually every works. Only when executed from the browser does it generate this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean the two transactions are a exact replica of each other, one succeeds while the other fails?

Do you see this behavior accross browsers? Try testing it from a few other client machines and see if you find anything different.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Having a mal formed xml doc will cause this error. Save the output out to a file before your final assignment and verify that it is correct.

Out of curiosity, why are you sending an xml doc to the transaction? I would recommend using a comma seperated list and then in the trx use the string list to xml action.

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udayan, We have tried several client browsers and they all generate the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie, we wanted to use the soaprunner but since this doesn't work we needed to use the runner. We are calling the transactions from a .net service, which is getting the same error, and thought that sending an xml string would be the best approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie, in fact I changed the transaction input to be a string and sent a comma seperated list of values and I get the exact same error. Is it possible that the transaction is corrupted?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie, your were right. The output generated by the BLS was only generating the xml header tag thus providing the error.

Through trial and error I managed to find the offending action block and correct the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

nevermind.

Edited by: Christian Libich on Feb 20, 2008 4:51 PM

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check to make sure that your output parameter is a well formed xml doc.

Regards,

Jamie