Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Authorization for replace' sy002

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP System gives me this error in debbuging mode. I suppose it is something related to authorization when modifying the content of variables (which is what I was doing).

What would be the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP System gives me this error in debbuging mode. I suppose it is something related to authorization when modifying the content of variables (which is what I was doing).

What would be the problem ?

You do not have the authorizations to change parameters while debugging.

0 Kudos

Which is exactly the authorization object ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Object S_DEVELOP with OBJTYPE DEBUG and ACTVT 02

0 Kudos

Which is exactly the authorization object ?

??

Where you able to debug before? Which message exactly does the system throw?

There are some special cases where the system limits the debugging even if you are authorized (the object authorizations mentioned by Jurjen). This typically happens in a production system.

Can you activate change mode, but not save? Or not even activate change mode?

Please provide more information to be able to help.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

The message is 'No authorization for replace' - message type sy002.

The change mode is not activated however I am supposed to be able to debug a program in Test System even changing the value of a specific variable defined in the program. In fact, I am allowed to debug the program but I can not change the value of a variable in debugging mode. (Perhaps it is because of the change mode status). That's why the system is showing me the error.

Is it possible to change the authorization without having to make any more changes in the System? The change mode can not be activated instead I want to grant access in order to be able to change the value of some varibles defined to see the results given.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

> The message is 'No authorization for replace' - message type sy002.

I am not logged on and still dont know which program you are debugging... The system might be throwing an error message which does not relate to the real cause. Unlikely... Most likely an authorizations issue. If I may be honest with you (no offense!) if you do not know which object controls debugging and what it does to a SAP system..., then I would personally not give you debug authority in a system (I also do not have any debug authority - it was removed from my roles at my request). Only in some lab systems... (an one or two temporary exceptions).

> The change mode is not activated however I am supposed to be able to debug a program in Test System even changing the value of a specific variable defined in the program. In fact, I am allowed to debug the program but I can not change the value of a variable in debugging mode. (Perhaps it is because of the change mode status). That's why the system is showing me the error.

So you cannot activate the change mode? Are you setting a break-point, a watch-point or are you running a it from the start in the debugger? Are you executing it in the debugger from the tcode, or from Se38 etc? It the "productive" test client, the system might also react differently (which release are you on and which SCC4 settings does that client have?).

> Is it possible to change the authorization without having to make any more changes in the System?

Don't do that. I would reject the development and ask the developer to join you for the debugging session to see why those variables are incorrect. Your debugging mthod (or mode) may be incorrect (likely), or, the developer will have to go back to the drawing board in a development system or sandbox (sort of equaly likely, depending on the developer).

> The change mode can not be activated instead I want to grant access in order to be able to change the value of some varibles defined to see the results given.

See above. Besides that, the developer should ideally have handled those exceptions so that you do not get an incorrect variable; you only get an incorrect output in display mode (and send their code back for a rework, or invite them over...).

Hope that helps, sorry for the many questions...

Julius