cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC DumpLoad Task

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the standard BPC Import package there is an option to

'Replace & clear data values (Clears the data values for any existing records that mirror each entity/category/time combination defined in the source, then imports the source rec...'

This sets the DumpLoad task parameter, ClearData to 1.

My question is this, if an input file has records for a combination of entities/categories/times but only a few accounts. Will other accounts within the same entity/category/time intersections having fact data and NOT included in the input file ALSO have their data values cleared?

This seems to be what is occurring but wanted some additional information.

Thanks,

Sara Lee McLindon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The assessment of the process is correct. The task used clears, (by writing a new value to cause the total to equate to zero), the intersections defined by TIME/CATEGORY/ENTITY, without any relationship to the other dimensions or members. In other words, if you want more granularity, you may need to run a clear package by account, datasrc, etc, and then choose not to select that check box. I will also have to check and see if you can add additional dimension parameters to the clear process when loading data, but I don't think it is an option at this point for BPC.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the default replace and clear intersections time/category/entity by changing the 'selectionfromtask' parameter for the load and process task.

If you do this in edata (edata - organize packagelist - modify package - and go the advance screen) you may add a line that looks like this:

TASK(LOAD AND PROCESS,SELECTIONFROMTASK,"ENTITY,DATASRC,TIME,CATEGORY")

Some extra explanation:

Standard, all datasrc members will be cleared when you import data and select the clear and replace selectionbox. When you have upload and (manual) input datasources, all manual inputs will be cleared during import, I have some customers that do not like this.

If you add the line above to the ssis package (using the edata menu), the datasrc dimension is now added to the clear and replace intersection. In this case, only the upload datasrc will now be cleared and not the (manual) input datasrc.

you may add/change any dimension(s) you like.

Hope this helps,

Alwin Berkhout