cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore the iView which is deleted by 'Remove from Page' option

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I know this looks like very silly but really annoying.

One my end users managed to remove the ESS iView from the page by using the 'remove from page' option of page personalization properties ( This option will be there at the small square kinda of box on top of every page).

I have tried to delete the involved ivews and pages in content admin and create a fresh copy. Even I haven't got them ( deleted iViews ) back at all.

I know how to restrict the users not to delete the iviews like this in future by checking the check box 'Fix' in page. But no idea how to get the deleted iView back.

Does any body faced this issue before ? Please help out.

Thanks & Regards,

Seshu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem, but i didn't find the object(which was removed in the page). Kindly provide the other way to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Mallikarjun

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IF it was end user personalization, the iView was not "deleted". It was simply removed from the page. The portal content admin can "add" lots of iViews to a page and have them available to the end user to show/hide as they wish....like in the case where a user builds their own "dashboard". To get the iview back, the user simply goes back into personalization and adds it back to their page. It is nothing you can control on the admin side (short of either making iviews fixed or not allowing personalization at all).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christopher,

In my case, I have ONLY one iview in the page and that is deleted and not able to find it anywhere..I didn't get point 'To get the iview back, the user simply goes back into personalization and adds it back to their page' - which personalization you are talking about here ? I have tried clicking personalization at places

I think in case of ESS webdynpro iviews it works little bit diffrent as, these pages are again linked to home pages in the back end.

In Employee Search area page - > there is Change Own data appliation. for this page on top right corner ( just beside the tray icon ) one button will be there, I used the option 'remove from page' there. Once I did that the entire page will go blank.

Hope you understand the issue i am facing.

Regards,

Seshu.

balaji_bodagala5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

After click "Remove from page option" the iview get disappeard,after that select the page tray , this will be available at most right side of the page,options like History,Back,Forward,Try Icon,there we have options personalize

select that personalize,It will displays the layout of the page,at bottom we have Restore Defaults button,click that button,your page is back as normal position as you created in pcd.

Thanks,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji,

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

In my case, once I deleted the iView from page all those page tray icons, and the options like History,Back,Forward,Try Icon,there we have options personalize ALL have been gone. Now I am seeing just COMPLETE blank page.

Are there any other settings that I am missing to get those page tray back?

Thanks & Regards,

Seshu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

I've got the same problem too.. have you got the solution?

Thanks

Hasnol.

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to system administration support and portal content directory and then go to Personalization cleanup and if you remove the object there,

you can get it back in page

Thanks,

Gopal

former_member309282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

have you got solution for this? thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you it is working!!!!!