cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Asynchronous Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a senario where I will get the SOAP Message as a source and I need to send a Unique ID for the SOAP sender but this is to be done in Asynchronous way.

Is this is possible, if yes how?

Thanks

Amaresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.

I think you are right but not at all. Since SOAP works over HTTP, it's sync. Your SOAP client will always receive a response code.

XI allows you to configure SOAP sender for async processing (although XI returns response code), but this only is valid in the scenario described by Amaresh if he develops a webservice for receiving the Unique ID as response when available.

If the generation of Unique ID (asynchronously) in the proxy takes a long time, I don't think that sync/async bridge is a good option because the SOAP client (waiting for the ID) will probably get timeout (usually 30 or 60 seconds), if you don´t change the timeout parameter of course. So, if SOAP is the only way to communicate the sender system, I would develop a webservice, invoked by XI, to receive the ID.

Regards,

Gari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh.

The scenario you've described is apparently synchronous. I supose that you need it to be Async because you don't get the Unique ID immediately from the Proxy.

If you get the Unique ID immediately through the Proxy, this should be defined as a synchronous scenario, with a sync interface for the SOAP sender and a sync interface for the Proxy receiver.

If you cannot, I think you won't be able to solve it just with the SOAP sender. SOAP is always synchronous, so if a SOAP sender starts the communication it will wait for a response until you get a connection time timeout (HTTP) error. Is SOAP the only communication protocol you can use as sender?

Regards,

Gari.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gari,

Do you think SOAP must be always Synchronus? Nope. We can SOAP as Asynchronous mode too. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

raj.

Edited by: Raj on Feb 19, 2008 11:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Raj had said we can use SOAP as Asynchronous as well as Synchornous way.

But whatever scenario have explained till now indicates that the Webservice with SOAP is expecting the response back.

Here the SOAP is on sender side thus either you need to define the Webservice in ID or deploy the exsting one in XI. It completely depends upon the wsdl file to either it will be Synchronous or Async scenario.

IF the Webservice is expecting the response with Unique ID then probably we need to use the Sync/Async bridge also. It can be achived with useing the modules like RequestResponseBean etc or may be BPM

Proabably the logic need to be included to pass the Uniqe ID may be we could send the MessageID or transaction ID which will always be unique.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I can know that if its simple SOAP to Proxy you can do Async...

But the sender system is expecting a Unique ID as an when they send the SOAP message....

I guess it will clear your question

Thanks

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

no need of doing a sync scenario,what you need to do is to configure one more receiver SOAP adapter in ID and declare this in your receiver determination,so you will have two receivers,the first receiver will be a proxy which will get the whole message(the one coming from SOAP),the second receiver will the SOAP sender itself and it will get the Unique ID.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Source is SOAP Message

Receiver is Proxy Message

Interface mode is Asynchronous

In this process as an when I receive a SOAP Message from Sender XI need to send this message to Proxy and send a Unique ID to the Sender System and this process should be in Asynchronous Process.

How it can be done?

Thanks

Amaresh

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amaresh,

Sorry, still confused. You can Asynch to Asynch scenario btw SOAP to Proxy for sure. But I'm not understanding where this Unique ID got introduced!

raj.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amaresh,

> I need to send a Unique ID for the SOAP sender

It's not clear can u give more details abt the scenario.

raj.