cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System monitoring - alert email notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sapers,

I already set up system monitoring in our Solution Manager but i would like to receive mail if any alert occur. Unfortunatelly I did not find any way how to do it through Solution Manager. I guess there must be something like edit -> Automatic email transmission where I set up sending Earlywatch and SL reports to my mailbox, but how to set up alert email notification?

I also tried another way - setting up CEN (in our sollution manager) in RZ20, there i created monitor where i have desired alerts from all remote systems configured in SMSY (i have not used sapccm4x or any other ccms agent), also tried autoreaction method on local and it is working fine (SCOT is set up) but when i tried create and assign central autoreaction method (sapnote 429265) during assigning i receive error "no ccms agent avalable for system" and it is not working. Do I really need configure SAPCCM4X on all remote systems when i want to use central autoreaction? I dont feel very confortable with this solution. I think there must be some other smarter way (maybe in solution manager).

We also tried to connect our RZ20 monitor set to nagios (used in our company to monitor non sap servers and email notification), but we are not able to compile the ccms nagios plugin uder 64bit. AIX 5.3.

I also heard little bit about ALM (Alert management) but dont know anything about forwarding alerts from RZ20 to ALM and transmitting email from there. But I think this sollution would be the most difficult from all mentioned above.

Thank you very much for any help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For central monitoring you have to register CCMS agent in the remote system pointing to the CEN.Then you can able to assign auto reaction methods to the particular node.

Thanks,

Sagar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it is necessary to have ccms agents on client systems when i want to send alert as an email? Because for me it is hard to undestand when I can see all alerts in CEN and everything works just fine, why I need to install some ccms agents and why it is so difficult to send mail?

And what about the Solution Manager "system monitoring", there is also no way to send alerts as an email?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Josef,

Somewhat chasing the point here - when you have the Solman and you look in your CCMS and you can see the other systems - it is all RFC data and not actually on the Solution Manager (the only local MTE's are those tha belong to the Solution Manager). For the Solution Manager to Centrally Auto-React to threasholds (act as the CEN System), the information needs to be passed to the Central System through the agents.

If you want to do email threasholds on your remote systems, you can configure it on each of the systems individually without agents as this is a CCMS Function that any SAP System can do - but this is not Central Auto-Reaction. This is just actions taken on individual systems based on local MTE's.

To Centrally Auto-React - you have to add the agents so the information is passed to the CEN to react on.

I hope that this has clarified the situation a bit more. If this answers your question, please set this thread to answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, I see you are right.

Unfortunatelly for me it seems it is the same effort to set autoreactions on all systems locally or install ccms agents on all remote systems. So I am going to spend max 2h trying to install ccms agents - if not successfull, I will configure local autoreactions. Anyway thank you all for advices ...

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lastly I want to add one note that solution Manager is also work on CCMS / RZ20.For central system monitoring it will use the RZ20 monitors.So we can use the Solution manager for the central system monitoring rather than going into the individual systems.For that we need to register CCMS agents in all remote systems pointing to the CEN.

Thanks,

Sagar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sagar is correct, you must install the agent on each remote system and register the agent with the CEN. You can then use the CCMS_OnAlert_Email method.