post install template) and done all the configuration and customizing

for using this MI server (JRA, ...) and deployed the MI client

(the .SCA file).

After, we have done a box swap that means changing the machine name

from tosap18a to dwtvie0 and now we can not connect any more to the MI

server.

Here is the error rescription:

• Synchronization started

• Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://towasdwt.eu.airbus.corp:51600/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=DWT&;

• Successfully connected with server.

• Processing of inbound data began.

• Server logon failed.

Content of the Trace file:

[20080219 15:50:27:541] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** LOG / TRACE SWITCHED ON

[20080219 15:50:27:541] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Mobile Engine version: MI 25 SP 16 Patch 04 Build 200704260601

[20080219 15:50:27:541] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current timezone: Europe/Paris

[20080219 15:50:36:634] E [MI/Sync ] Received exception info code 7

[20080219 15:50:36:634] W [MI/Sync ] Exception while reading prolog from inbound stream

com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncException: EXCEPTION_INFO_CODE=7

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.in.BinaryInboundReader.readProlog(BinaryInboundReader.java:265)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.in.BinaryInboundReader.<init>(BinaryInboundReader.java:105)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerMerger.processInboundContainers(SyncManagerMerger.java:59)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSyncCycle(SyncManagerImpl.java:882)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.syncForUser(SyncManagerImpl.java:1316)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSynchronization(SyncManagerImpl.java:949)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:443)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:304)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManager.java:79)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run(Home.java:471)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[20080219 15:50:36:634] E [MI/Sync ] Execption info code 7 --> Server logon failed.

So can i have a solution to take the new name of the machine dwtvie0 insteead of tosap18a or do i have to re-install / re-configure all ?

Regards,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Please refer to my reply in the following [Thread|; and proceed accordingly. Might definitely solve your problem.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

could you please tell me where this file can be seen in the Visual admin (the complete way).

Regards,

Eric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

To find the property file, pelase refer to the following documentation http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/92/0d603d13b5c72ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

after reading this help page i remember that the file <sysID>.props hadn't been updated and keep the name of the old machine.

So after updating this file with the new and good name the synchronization runs better !

Tahnk a lot for your help !

Regards,

Eric.0

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

if you have done a box swap - on the middleware? Well, if you have changed the name of the middleare, then you need to do a complete reinstall -- and import a new license and so on ..... so I think this is not the thing you did!

I guess you mean you changed the name of the client PC. Well, that should not do any harm at all.

And exactly this confuses me.... could you be a little more precise on what you changed?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

first i didn't change the name of the client PC.

And then yes we have done a complete new installation with a new machine so a new licence and then re-import all the applications and the content of the Java part and the ABAP part.

So according to you we need to do a complete re-install of the MI -middleware side and the MAM application on the middleware and so new insllation of the MI client and a new import of the client MAM application ?

Regards,

Eric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

ok, now I am totally lost - which machine have you switched? Backend or middleware?

You say: you have done a complete reinstall with setup and all that stuff, new licence,..... So then the settings are correct and you do not have to do it again....

What was the outcome of the other two questions I had:

1.) entering the Sync URL directly into the browser? Did that showup the logon screen?

2.) is the user used for the sync service active and has the correct credentials?

Error 7 - the one you see in the trace file - points as well to a missconfig of the user....

If you want, contact me at MSN. Details are available at my card here in SDN.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Did you update the settings in the MI client with the new name? Also, in case you are maintaining hosts file on your Mobile client, please update the same.

Finally, can check if the device id of your mobile device is still available in the server (merep_pd)?

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

for sure i have maintained the settings in the mobile client and the mobile Id is still available in the MEREP_PD transaction.

The problem is that the server name has changed and everywhere via MI admin i see the old name of the middleware server.

Regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, in that case I would be interested in the outcome of a simple test:

Open the MOBILENGINE.CONFIG file. In there you find the setting:

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway=http\://.........

Take the URL part and copy it directly into a browser and press enter. Make sure you remove the '\' from the URL. If all is correct, you should get a Logon window.

I think in my BASIS knowledge, if you change the name of the MI middleware server - and that I read form the last posting - you need to do a hughe reconfiguration in the middleware server - I guess a complete reinstall is easier - and furthermore I guess that is beyond the MI forum.

Anyway: try the test above. If it fails look into the SICF configuration and check the settings in SICM as well in the R/3 part. I would expect that you find the old serverbame there internally stored.

On the other hand: lets say the BASIS people have done a propper job. Well, you talk about the EXCEPTION 7 - this indicates problems with the service user I think. Please check the user credentials you used while setting up the Sync service. This is as well in the R/3. Check the user you used and if it is still valid and password/authorisation is correct.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Oliver

Edited by: Oliver Kaluscha on Feb 20, 2008 10:27 AM