Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP not starting. "Application Stopped"

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i login to portal , it is giving me a mesage A"application Stopped"

but when l see the SAP MMc everthing is in green colour

I tried login to go. bat. I could login, but it is telling that it is running safe mode

Pls tell me of whether changing to SAFE MODE=NO will solve the problem or not

Also tell me whether changing safe mode will affect other changes or not

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

This moght be because you archive log is full check your disk space, Also if it is full then goto

D:\usr\sap\sid\instance\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\archive

then delete the log files and then restart the java system it should work now.

Reward points if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you doing any upgrade/update of j2ee ? J2EE is set to safe mode during the upgrade/updates or if someone manually set it to 'safe mode' using configtool.

If not, you could set it back to the normal mode using the config tool -> File -> Safe Mode -> No, save and restart the engine.

It is possible that the j2ee engine is up and that's why you see all the processes green in SAPMMC, however, the applications are stopped and so you can not run the

portal.

You could start the telnet administrator (telnet <host> 5<instance no.>08), login as j2ee administrator, jump to server node (by default it is on dispatcher node, execute jump 0 to jump on server node), execute command 'add deploy', execute command 'start_app -all'. This will start all applications on that particular server node. If you have multiple server nodes, you will need to do so on all.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ae/01343ef3f9ff2de10000000a114084/content.htm

However, I think once you return the j2ee back to normal mode and restart, it should start all applications again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Snehal