cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapccm4x agent rfc communication error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am configuring QAS system (Non Unicode Netweaver 04s & abap stack only) with Solution Manager. I have installed the sapccm4x agent. The agent installation finishes sucessfully with return code 0. The Agent service is started on QAS system.

But it doesnt work. Agent remains in status Shutdown. Even if we try to bring it online, it gives error in RFC communication.

In RZ21 -> Topology -> Agents for Local System, my system status is SHUTDOWN and all the RFC's created by registration (such as N3STAT.<host>.<instance_number> type TCP/IP) return the error program <host>.n3stat.<instance_number> not registered.

The trace file in CEN says:

ABAP Programm: SAPLSALF (Transaction: )

User: CSMREG (Client: 200)

Destination: SAPCCM4X.AMUTWJEQ01.00 (handle: 2, , )

SERVER> RFC Server Session (handle: 1, 38546511, {15FCDEDC-1AEF-F19A-9170-005056B06C7E})

SERVER> Caller host:

SERVER> Caller transaction code: (Caller Program: sapccm4x)

SERVER> Called function module: SALF_AGENT_STATUS_UPDATE

Error RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 1501

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT'

Transaction program not registered

DEST =SAPCCM4X.AMUTWJEQ01.00

HOST =%%RFCSERVER%%

PROG =amutwjeq01.sapccm4x.00

GWHOST =amutwjps05.dynonobel.net

GWSERV =sapgw01

As per CCMS agents documentation, this SAPCCM4X.<HOSTNAME>.<SYS No> gets automatically created.

I am not able to figure out the reason on SDN and OSS notes for past 3 days!

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks.

Antarpreet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tech Support,

I would think that since the language is that 'registration of tp not allowed' your user id doesn't have enough security to register the TP. Have you tried this will a full-access user just to verify that security is not an issue?

The CSM_REG user should have been made (as per instructions on configuring SAPCCMS4X Agents - as well as the cmsconf file) with the proper permissions - it is possible that the security roles or profiles are not present or generated in the client you are using to register to depending on how you made the client or otherwise.

Suggestion is to 'unregister' SAPCCMS4X and then 're-register' the agent again but use a full-access user to verify that security is not an issue.

I made an assumption that the user that you are using to start the registration process is also a full-access user - just to check, make sure that both users have full-access.

Thanks and let us know how it goes.

Edited by: David Milliken on Feb 20, 2008 6:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

I did try with qaiadm user id now but the same did not work. Earlier I was using SAPServiceQAI. The users at OS level have full authorization.

Also, as regards to CSMREG user, I have assigned SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW & SAP_BC_CSMREG and aurorization for S_RFCAL object.

Also, i did a kernel upgrade on solution manager as well. And the sapccm4x that I am using belongs to patch collection 01/2008.

Thanks,

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add on, the user at satellite system where the agent is bieng installed is a domain user . And the solution manager system is running on a local system account.

I,E QAI is a domain installation and Solution Manager is a local installation.

Caould this be a probable reason?

Thank You,

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Theuser used for the registering the agents might be locked.And also you have to reset the initial password for that user and also there are some restrictions on the password selection.

Check for the test connction in SM59 for that RFC.

Thanks,

Sagar Askani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

The user is not locked. The <SID>_RZ20_COLLECT & <SID>_RZ20_ANALYZE are working with no authorization issues. But when I register the agent, the tcp connection SAPSSM4X.<Host Name>.<Inst No> created automatically is having problem in getting registered to the CEN system.

Thank You,

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The issue seems to have taken other turn.

TP is not working. If I check the tcp connection from sm59 it says "user not authorized to execute tp"

Also, in stms when I check teh transport tool, it displays me the error rfc pint to tp destination failed.

I speculate it is authorization issue at OS level. But i have set sidadm and sapserviceadm with group administrators now.

Any Clues Please!

Thank You,

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the user TMSADM which is autogenerated when STMS is configured.So check the RFC connection status from STMS.Also check the request import and export is happening.But this issue is not related to yor primary question.Try to reregister the Agents.This might solve your problems.

Thanks,

Sagar Askani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Godo News, I got the fix.

The problem was with the configuration in SAP Gateway file secinfo. This file was restricting the access to the agent rfc!

Thanks a lot to All!

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antarpreet,

Can you give more detail on how you have solved the issue at last.

I am in similar kind of issue, It can help me and all other who watch this thread.

Regards

Vinay Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realize that this is an old thread but I too just ran into a similar problem and this thread helped me solve it so I thought that some info here might help someone else in the future.

Our issue is that TMS stopped working (first sign was that transports could not be released). The underlying cause was an authorization error for system user TMSADM due to a newly implemented secinfo.dat file.

Our fix was to remove the secinfo.dat file since it was not needed in our case. The file had been created a couple of weeks prior to attempt to correct some Crystal Reports log file entries as per OSS 1298499. This note does not give any background and it turns out that:

1) secinfo.dat (/usr/<SID>/<INST>/data/ ) is only used AFTER a system restart.

2) Once secinfo.dat is used, all registered server programs using the gateway must be defined and authorized otherwise the default is DENY.

In our case, user TMSADM was trying to call tp.exe via RFC.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers.

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the sapccm4x logs ( sapccm4x.install.log and sapccm4x.log ) at OS level .. usually it will be in ../DVEBM*/log directory ..

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 Thoughts...

First what version of the saccm4x agent are you running? You can determine the version by entering 'sapccm4x -v'.

Second, does the admin account you are using to register the agent have suffcient authorization to create RFC's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tech Support(????)

Your agent is not running - for one reason or another it failed to register to where you told it to and when you try to check your RFC - there is no registered TP in the Gateway to attach to (this is what your error is stating).

Goto your system and re-configure your SAPCCM4X Agent and verify that it is still running in your process list (Services for Windows and ps list for Unix). If it is still running, then you might have registered it to the wrong system. If you want to see the segment on your CEN or your Solman - make sure that you are registering it to your Solution Manager System.

This can be a security issue, userid is locked, or improper definition of your system.

You will be able to tell when it is working properly when you goto SMGW in your Solution Manger -> Logged on clients and you can see your agent registered.

If this answers your question, please set this thread to answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Thanks!

I know the problem is during the registration of tcp connection at remote gateway (CEN). The tcp connection sapccm4x.<host anme>.<inst no> is created automatically but is not registered at CENbut is not registered at CEN in SMGW.

How to troubleshoot this? No help in SAP marketplace!

Thanks,

Antarpreet

• Trace file opened at 20080220 035445 Mountain Standard Time, SAP-REL 700,0,147 RFC-VER nU 3 962680 MT-SL

*> RfcRegisrProgram ...

Server Program ID = amutwjeq01.sapccm4x.00

Host name of Gateway = amutwjps05.dynonobel.net

Service of Gateway = 3301

RFC-Trace = ON

SNC Own Name =

SNC Library Name =

RFC Handle = 15

<* RfcRegisterProgram ended successfully

Error in program 'amutwjeq01.sapccm4x.00': ======> CPIC-CALL: 'SAP_CMACCPTP : rc=20

LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host amutwjps05 / sapgw01

ERROR registration of tp amutwjeq01.sapccm4x.00 from host

amutwjeq01.dynonobel.net not allowed

TIME Wed Feb 20 03:54:45 2008

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT SAP-Gateway

VERSION 2

RC 720

MODULE gwxxrd.c

LINE 3665

COUNTER 449081

>>>> Listen/WaitForRequest (counter = 1)

Error in program 'amutwjeq01.sapccm4x.00': <* RfcWaitForRequest [15] : returns 1:RFC_FAILURE

*> RfcClose called by external program ...

handle = 15

*> rfcClose called by RFC-Library in file: abrfc.c, line: 558

handle = 15

>>>> [15] < accepted > : REG <ac: 1> L >>> CLOSE abrfc.c 611 ( )

>>>> [15] < accepted > : REG <ac: 2> L >>> FREE abrfc.c 613 ( )

• Trace file opened at 20080220 035445 Mountain Standard Time, SAP-REL 700,0,147 RFC-VER nU 3 962680 MT-SL

<* rfcClose

>* RfcClose

>TS> Wed Feb 20 03:54:48 2008

*> RfcRegisterProgram ...

Server Program ID = amutwjeq01.sapccm4x.00

Host name of Gateway = amutwjps05.dynonobel.net

Service of Gateway = 3301

RFC-Trace = ON

SNC Own Name =

SNC Library Name =

RFC Handle = 16

<* RfcRegisterProgram ended successfully

Error in program 'amutwjeq01.sapccm4x.00': ======> CPIC-CALL: 'SAP_CMACCPTP : rc=20

LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host amutwjps05 / sapgw01

ERROR registration of tp amutwjeq01.sapccm4x.00 from host

amutwjeq01.dynonobel.net not allowed

TIME Wed Feb 20 03:54:48 2008

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT SAP-Gateway

VERSION 2

RC 720

MODULE gwxxrd.c

LINE 3665

COUNTER 449299

>>>> Listen/WaitForRequest (counter = 1)

Error in program 'amutwjeq01.sapccm4x.00': <* RfcWaitForRequest [16] : returns 1:RFC_FAILURE

*> RfcClose called by external program ...

handle = 16

*> rfcClose called by RFC-Library in file: abrfc.c, line: 558

handle = 16

>>>> [16] < accepted > : REG <ac: 3> L >>> CLOSE abrfc.c 611 ( )

>>>> [16] < accepted > : REG <ac: 4> L >>> FREE abrfc.c 613 ( )

• Trace file opened at 20080220 035448 Mountain Standard Time, SAP-REL 700,0,147 RFC-VER nU 3 962680 MT-SL

<* rfcClose

>* RfcClose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,
kindly see below solution.
http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Gateway+Errors+for+CCMS+Agent

Access can be permitted based on simply settings in sec and reg file(this also depends on  individual environments and kernel levels)
Please check

#1408081 - Basic settings for reg_info and sec_info
#1425765 - Generating sec_info reg_info

Example for reg

#VERSION=2

#

# the following line should be the LAST line in the reginfo,

# see Note 1592493!

#

P TP=*

Example for sec

#VERSION=2