cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to plan only PIRs for doing Safety Stock Planning in CTM ?

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a business requirement to only plan for/consider Independent Requirements or Forecasts during Safety Stock Planning run using CTM as the solver. Can someone throw light on how this can be done without development ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srini.

You need to create an order selection and assign it on the Planning scope tab.

In the order selection, you can select the ATP categories you want to consider.

Hope this helps, M

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me try this another way. The planning scope while doing supply planning should consider all the demands, however only while doing safety stock planning (that typically happens in the second pass of CTM internally) the planning scope should just consider Independent demand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini.

I would suggest that you do a second run based on a separate profile, I don't know of any way to apply a different order selection during the safety stock build up that is different to the main run.

Rgds, M.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was mulling over something similar to what you suggested.

First run of CTM

- Use a Demand Selection containing category FA and have checkboxes for safety stock planning ON. The Master Data selection will be the complete network.

- Run CTM in Replan All mode

Second run of CTM

- Use a Demand Selection containing standard demand ATP categories and have the checkbox OFF for safety stock planning OFF. The Master Data selection will be the complete network.

- Run CTM in delta mode

Do you endorse this solution ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Yes. The use of separate CTM runs to apply different planning parameters in order to "build up" a plan is, I think, more common than people realise.

CTM is a great tool for constraint based planning when optimisation is seen as a step too far, however it can be sometimes very difficult to get all planning considerations into a single CTM profile.

I'll admit that I haven't had to create a separate profile purely for safety stock build up, my own experience of using separate profiles was where the requirement involved applying different substitution rules to overlapping subsets of the supply chain model. In this case, discussions with OSS made it clear that using separate CTM runs is endorsed by SAP themselves.

This can, however, increase the testing overhead as the underlying objective of a CTM run is to always "solve" the supply v demand algorithm, this can conflict with your objective which is to solve it in multiple steps. It can usually be acheived by tying down the sourcing options, allowing shortages and lots of testing.

Process chains can be used to link the CTM runs together.

Good luck.

M

Answers (0)