cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Environment dependent properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the past, I have created an application (outside NWDI) that connects to an ABAP stack. The connection parameters were stored in an XML file inside the deployable archive. The XML file was adjusted before deployment, depending on target environment (DEV, QA or PROD).

This approach is not possible using NWDI. What's the best practice to support this kind of environment specific data on a Java stack?

In ABAP I would create a Z-table for the properties and generate a table maintainer for SM31, but creating tables and surely creating maintenance GUI on the Java stack is taking too much time imo. Afaik there is no se16/sm31 for Java tables.

For example, isn't there a portal service that can read custom properties that are editable in Visual Admin?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

Web Dynpro's for Java use the JCo Destinations defined in the Web Dynpro Content Administrator.

For Portal based Java code, you should connect to the System Landscape portal service.

Groetjes,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pascal,

Thanks for your reply. It's a portal service connecting to an ABAP gateway to register itself as a JCo service. It also logs in to the ABAP system. I'll investigate if the system landscape service is flexible enough to store all the needed parameters (e.g. logon credentials).

Regards,

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

[Package com.sap.portal.pcm.system|https://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/ep/com/sap/portal/pcm/system/package-summary.html]