cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit from Webdynpro abap application in portal environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created one custom service in Webdynpro ABAP in ESS and also integrated in the portal environment

I need to put Exit button in every page ( OVERVIEW, EDIT, REVIEW). When user click on 'EXIT' button from any one of page , it should return back to PERSONAL INFORMATION in ESS Homepage.

I have used Exit plug in window , but i read in SAP Library Exit plugs will not work in portal environment.

Let me know which way i should proceed to acheive the Exit functionality.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chidipotu,

were you able to do this? if you can paste some of your codes on how you did it, would be great as i need the same information..

big thanks!

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Add the following code in action of exit and also add the application parameter which gets the area page from the portal.

Apart from this, do the configuration settings in these screens ( Define resources, Define services ) in SPRO.

DATA: countrygrouping TYPE molga,

arealink TYPE rhxss_ser_linkinfo_s.

DATA:

node_settings TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node,

elem_settings TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_element,

stru_settings TYPE if_componentcontroller=>element_settings .

• navigate from <CONTEXT> to <SETTINGS> via lead selection

node_settings = wd_context->get_child_node( name = if_componentcontroller=>wdctx_settings ).

• get element via lead selection

elem_settings = node_settings->get_element( ).

• get all declared attributes

elem_settings->get_static_attributes(

IMPORTING

static_attributes = stru_settings ).

CALL FUNCTION 'RH_PM_GET_MOLGA_FROM_PERNR'

EXPORTING

pernr = stru_settings-personnelnumber

begda = sy-datum

endda = sy-datum

IMPORTING

molga = countrygrouping.

CALL FUNCTION 'HRXSS_SER_GETAREALINK'

EXPORTING

areagroupkey = stru_settings-home_service

areakey = stru_settings-area_service

portalcontext = 'X'

personnelnumber = stru_settings-personnelnumber

countrygrouping = countrygrouping

IMPORTING

arealink = arealink

EXCEPTIONS

areagroupkey_invalid = 1

areakey_invalid = 2.

DATA: l_portal_manager TYPE REF TO if_wd_portal_integration,

l_api type ref to IF_WD_COMPONENT.

l_api = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

l_portal_manager = l_api->get_portal_manager( ).

l_portal_manager->navigate_absolute(

navigation_target = arealink-linkpcdpage

navigation_mode = if_wd_portal_integration=>co_show_inplace

history_mode = if_wd_portal_integration=>co_no_duplicates

).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

I am working on a similar requirement where I need to exit from the ABAP WebDynpro application in the portal environment.

I have gone through your post and it is really helpful.

But, I have 2 questions:

1. I have defined a context node named "settings" and it has a few attributes - among them area_service and home_service are 2 attributes. How do I get the value for these. Are there any standard function module?

2. Can you specify some more details on the config settings required for - Define resouces and Define services

Any help is highly appreciated and rewarded with points. I need these info urgently.

Thanks,

Debadrita.

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

Can u explain me on how to code the exit method to Exit web Dynpro abap application in portal.

I have understood the sample code You have provided...But You have metioned to add application parameter which gets area page from portal. Exactly where to add this parameter and how to get this value.

Second one is the design of the node. . Ypu used three parametrs from the node i.e. Personnel number,Area Service and Home Service. I can get the personnel number form the login user.. but what are the remaining two parametetrs i.e Area Service and Home Service. where to bind these parametrs to the node.

Can you also explain the SPRO settings to be made?

Can you please help me with these...It is very important for me to resolve this issue as many applications need this functionality...

Regards,

Madhu.

Edited by: madhu reddy on Sep 19, 2008 12:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Did your problem solved?

If so please provide me the steps and code. I am also having same type of requirement.

Thanks,

Kumar.

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chidipotu,

you need to use portal eventing for navigation within the portal. Please check the documentation for details.

Best regards,

Thomas