cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portal request failed error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am unable to test the bapi in VC. Its giving portal request failed. Previously it was working fine. So, I am unable to detect the error. Please help me out. How to refresh the bapi connected to a particular system?

Regards,

Nutan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnot get the exact solution for this. But i tried to reconstruct the model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this error will get when the Portal corresponging to the VC is Down.

Chech whether the Portal is Up or Not

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

Thanks for your reply. Portal is working fine

We have made soem changes in system and now i am unable to see the output. But if i ma dragging a new bapi then its working fine. So what will be there? Whether the previous Bapi are unable to get refreshed? If so then how to do that? Need urgent help

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

where you did the changes and Why you did?

Is it your requirement?

Tell me for what system you did the changes and Where you did ,then i will work on that .

May be youu did not done the Changes Correctly

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

I have just added the Web As information in the system configuration. After that also test is working fine. Since I was not getting the output so, I have removed that Web As details. But the Bapis are not getting refreshed. I am unable to find the error. Because , if I am dragging the same bapi again in VC storyboard its working fine. But the already used bapi present on the storyboard are not working. Its giving the portal request failed error.Whether this information will be helpful to find the problem?

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you told Connection test is Passing even You changed the WEB AS details means Syatem is working fine.

But your are not getting the data means its a problem with the Inputs what you given are with the model.

Just try with Add a Start point to dataservice and add a Out put table to the data service

Then Run it.

Tell me your comments,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

I have done that way previously. Its working fine. But the bapi which are already used in the story board are not working now.When I want to test those used bapis its giving portal request failed. I can not change the entire bapis because it will be hectic job.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Then Right click on that dataservice and selcte Check data service see the Out put of that data service.

Whether it is working are not if then its not working then its a Problem with Data service only..

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

Ya, i am doing the same and there itself I am getting this portal request failed error.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should change dataservices in the model otherwise it will nto work.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

Thanks for the reply. But can we get other option instead of changing all the dataservices. Because already my model is completed just because of system changes if i have to drag all those data services again in story board then really it will be a hectic job. Is it feasible? I hope some other way we have to find, otherwise in future ,if we want to do configure system then we can not do that. Because it can cause this type of error again.

But, thanks for your valuable replies.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok i know that thing but without changing the dataservices how you are completing your task?

if my replies are helpful award points:-)

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

Thanks for all your replies. Previously my model was working fine and i completed all screens. But when i wanted to make new changes in system then only it started giving this error. So, now to change each and every bapi and the connection will be a hectic job. But I am trying to do that.

Regards,

Nutan

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the BAPI one that you are programming? Have you changed it? If so then make sure that under the options -> compiler you ensure that sata service retrieval is not set to cache.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I have not made any changes in Bapi.

Regards

Nutan