cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration builder: Repository- SWCV-Basis Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi i have maintained a software component in SLD with dependancy with another software component (built time and install time),

when i import i it into Repository, there should by a tab called "Basis Objects" appearing with it, but its not happening, ........pls help....

is there any problem with definig dependancy.....or something else

Edited by: sudeep dhar on Feb 19, 2008 5:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this link and blog

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/e95ac0a0302d56e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SLD --> Software Catlog --> open any SCV and click on Usage Dependencies .

Make the Depedency Context as Build Time and then Define Dependency

Select SCV and create it.

Thats it. Just refershe the SLD_CACHE.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi swarup,

in SLD i made the dependancy of my SWCV to the other SWCV as built time and install time.........already

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pls gotrough the blog of michel it is clearly explained....it should be installtion time. not build time...

also make sure you have activated the cache once you have done this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to re-import the SCV and activate it, then probably you could be able to see it

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I have tried that in DEV it has worked fine. I have choosen Michael's method. But when I did the same in QAS, it failed. I was unable to see the Basis Objects (Dependency SWCV) added with my SWCV. I have choosen both Build Time as well as Installation Time together as well as individually in both the cases. For all the other SWCs those were present in QAS from earlier the Basis Object was present.

So what may be the problem with QAS?

Regards,

Sudeep

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you havve followed the steps same in the QAS also by reimporting and cache refresh it should work, delete that and reimport once more but the option which you need to select is the installation time..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nisar,

This method I have already tried out. But result is the same. Dependency is shown in the DEV, but in QAS it's not showing. We have tried to add the dependency in both the cases individually as dependencies cannot be transferred. I do appreciate your effort.

Please give me some more clues regarding this.

Thanks in advance,

Sudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Please give me some more inputs as the problem is still not resolved.

Regards,

Sudeep

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly list down the steps which you have done in QAS for dependency....( till you import that in IR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

Steps are as follows,

1. Create the Product in SLD

2. Create the SWCV inside the Product.

3. Define the Dependency in Installation Time.

4. Import the SWCV into IR.

These are the steps I have followed in both the Systems but I was able to see the Basis Objects tree in DEV but it was not coming in QAS. For R&D purpose we even tried with Defining the dependency at both the Build Time as well as Installation Time. But result is the same. I have followed all the guidelines provided by our forum members but still I am unable to get the solution. If we need to install any patches or we need to do any more configuration then please let me know. FYI, my DEV and QAS system configuarations are same.

I am waiting for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Sudeep