cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM-BI Integration - connectivity issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to do MDM-BI Integration using MDM ABAP API. I have done all the configurations in mdmapic transaction and I have tested as well. I am able to connect to MDM server from BI Server using ABAP API.

I have also created an Open Hub Destination in BI system using Destination Type as SAP Netweaver MDM but when I am activating that Open Hub Destination its giving me error in class CL_MDE_BI_MAPPING.

I am giving Open Hub Destination Name same as the repository name which I have given in mdmapic. I have not created any repository in MDM yet.

In Target System Key I am specifying the Logical name of the repository specified in mdmapic transaction.

Can anyone suggest what could be the problem.

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Shamscharma
Participant
0 Kudos

Devinder,

I want to extract master data from MDM --> BI without XI in between. I would like to know how you achieved that.

Open Hub works from BI to MDM but I want to do reverse.

Would you be able to help?

Send me some steps!

Regards,

Ram

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to enable this solution, you've got to get in contact with SAP first, as it is not in GA status. Please contact your local SAP PM.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devinder,

The problem is with the standard code of CL_MDE_BI_MAPPING.

class .

There is a problem when we try to Access MDM through BI (RSA1- Open Hub Destination).

In class CL_MDE_BI_MAPPING, in method GETMAIN_TABLE_INFO below FM is getting called.

• read table metadata

CALL FUNCTION 'MDM_META_RETRIEVE_TABLES'

EXPORTING

iv_log_object_name = iv_log_obj_name

IMPORTING

et_table_info = lt_table_info

EXCEPTIONS

ex_api_usage_error = 1

ex_provider_error = 2

ex_kernel_error = 3

ex_server_rc_code = 4

ex_not_supported = 5

OTHERS = 6.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

• retrieve tables must not fail

e_subrc = sy-subrc.

RETURN.

ENDIF.

double click on this import parameter (et_table_info and lt_table_info) you will find that their structures are not competible(number of fields in both the structures are different that is why the error in mapping is comming.

There is a type mismatch between actual parameter and formal parameter of et_table_info and lt_table_info

lt_table_info is of TYPE mdmdr_table_information_table.

ET_TABLE_INFO is of TYPE MDM_TABLE_INFORMATION_TABLE both have different no. of fields, which is causing the problem.

I think this will clear your doubt.

Reward points if find helpfull.

With Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Edited by: Vinay Yadav on Mar 4, 2008 8:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Since you have worked on MDM as Open Hub Destination. Can you please elaborate as how you were able to see MDM option in open Hub Destination - is it through MDM ABAP API Installation? Please advice. Thanks!!

--

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

This is devinderpal adn not varun. Well the option of MDM as a destination type comes only when you will install an add-on tool MDM TECH on the BI server using the transaction SAINT. Are u doing this scenerio. Just you have to check which MDM TECH you have install, because in the service market place there are four MDM TECH available.You should select according to your version required.

Thanks and Regards

If find helpful reward points.