cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you interested of using SAP eSOA services using MS Visual Studio.NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am happy to inform you that ESE 1.0 is available to download through the SDN as a Sneak preview.

SAP Enterprise Services Explorer 1.0 tool for Microsoft .NET (ES Explorer for .NET) is an add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 that helps to leverage SAP ESOA by enabling .NET developers to discover SAP enterprise services and consume them in their applications.

SDN Link: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/dotnet

The SDN link includes a reference to the product overview & connection details.

Your remarks are more than welcome,

Nadav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Esay solution for me

Just copy the file SAP.ESE.UI.AddIn found in my installation in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Addins

To the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Addins

If the folder "Addins" doesn't exist, create it.

Reopen VS2008 and plugin appears. Is the same as installing other VS plugins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have downloaded and installed the sneak preview of the ES Explorer with VS 2005. I can see the Tool-> Options->SAP ES Explorer configuration setting. I have provided the urls for the ES Workplace for the Service registry, and set the user name to the user name provided there. (I also tried my SUser Id).

The problem I have right now is that when I right-click on the project, I cannot see the 'Add SAP ES Service' option in the menu? I have restarted the VS after installation as well, created a new project, but I still can't see that option! Is there some other setting that is required?

Thanks!

Charles

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

What Visual Studio 2005 edition do you use ?

Right now, ES Explorer for .NET fully supports only Visual Studio 2005 Professional English edition.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem, i use Visual Studio .NET 2005 in english, are they any other requisites to make that node appear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no other prerequisites to install ESE on VS 2005.

can you please specify which version exactly are you using ?

Can you use SAP customer messages system,open a CSN ticket and attached a screen shot (the component is BC-ESI-UDDI-NET) ?

Do you see the help of "SAP Enterprise Services Explorer" integrated into your help ? Do you see the Tools -> Options configuration screen ?

Regards,

Nadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you see the help of "SAP Enterprise Services Explorer" integrated into your help ? Do you see the Tools -> Options configuration screen ?

No, i cant see them. I had visual studio 2005 in spanish, and i was unable to use "SAP Enterprise Services Explorer" , so i uninstalled the spanish version and installed it in english, but im still unable to see it.

I've tried to reinstall SAP Enterprise Services Explorer many times but im unable to make it work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your information about your installation problems.

We are retesting the installation of ESE 1.0 on VS .NET with languages different than English, i will add this topic to one of our examinations and hopefully supply a new installation version to increase those problems soon.

One more important question, did you uninstall ESE BEFORE installing VS .NET on the English version ?

Regards,

Nadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, i had ESE installed when i installed Visual Studio in english. I reinstaled it after i installed visual Studio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi inigo,

We have tried to reproduce your bug today, doing the following actions:

1. Install VS .NET on different language than English.

2. Install ESE 1.0

3. Remove VS .NET

4. Install VS .NET on English Version.

As we alreday know, ESE couldn't be seen on the 1st VS installation (not english version) BUT after installing the English version all ESE entries are epxosed. (Help, Tools -> Options, VS projects).

I have 2 questions that i would like to ask from you:

1. Can you please check if you can find the following file SAP.ESE.UI.AddIn on this location : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\msenvshared\addins (Microsoft VS shared installation folder)

2. If #1 didn't help i will suggest to do the following:

a. Uninstall ESE 1.0

b. Uninstall VS .NET 2005

c. Install VS .NET 2005 English version

d. Install ESE 1.0 (you can try maybe to download it again from the sdn)

Sorry for the trouble, but it is something we can't reproduce. i will appriciate if you can keep me updated.

Regards,

Nadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Can you please check if you can find the following file SAP.ESE.UI.AddIn on this location : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\msenvshared\addins (Microsoft VS shared installation folder)

I can see it, but the path is a little different since i have and spanish version of windows:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de programa\Microsoft\msenvshared\addins

I will try 2 as soon as i can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use default installation of ESE for .NET and apply [my patch to fix localization bug in ESE|http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/tamir/archive/2008/03/13/localization-fix-for-sap-esa-explorer-for-visual-studio.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage].

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've reinstalled visual studio and im still unable to see the ESE node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the patch from previous node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem, I can not see the ESE node neither the help files. I have Visual Studio 2005 in english, but my operating system is in SPANISH. I try to apply the fix location patch but it says that my VS is not compatible, I dont know if it is because it is English. I dont know if the problem is because the Operating System language (Spanish).

Regards,

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

We supplied a new version of ESE 1.0 which solves the localization problem. it was tested on VS 2005 and also on OS with different languages than English.

you can see more details in those links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/dotnet?rid=/library/uuid/10cacdca-b0bb-2a10-77be-d600de4658b7

1. Uninstall your current installation of ESE 1.0

2. Install the new version.

Please update us if it solved your problem.

Best regards,

ES Explorer for .NET Development Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help, but it is not working. The file that I downloaded is the same I downloaded 2 weeks ago, it is the same .zip file name.

I was reading in other forums about the same issue, and I search for this files: SAP.ESE.Common, SAP.ESE.Core and SAP.ESE.UI. I did not find these files in a shared folder, I just found them in \WINDOWS\assembly\ folder.

This the info of my VS:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005

Version 8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600)

Microsoft .NET Framework

Version 2.0.50727

Installed Edition: Professional

Microsoft Visual Basic 2005

Microsoft Visual C# 2005

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005

Microsoft Visual J# 2005

Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005

Microsoft Web Application Projects 2005

Version 8.0.50727.762

Crystal Reports

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU Service Pack 1 (KB926601)

This service pack is for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU.

If you later install a more recent service pack, this service pack will be uninstalled automatically.

For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926601

My OS is WinXP proffesional in spanish.

What do you suggest me? I am going to unistall VS and the SAP Enterprise Services Explorer and reinstall them again.

Regards,

Gabriel