cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itext PDF Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody worked with the classes from Itext to create a pdf on the fly?

We use it to create reports and stamp forms, but was loking for somebody that may have more skills at it than I.

I want to stamp data into an existing form with data from SAP and also append an additional page if necessary and send it down in one response.

Right now, I am getting different URL connections to the same server the main for the PDFCopy, the second for the stamper, the third for the FDF and the fourth for the additional page.

The problem with this is that now running within SAP, I already have credentials for the login, and when you make a URL connection, it does not have the same credentials as the original request from the client.

Any thoughts?

Nathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out the following weblog by Prakash Singh

<a href="/people/prakash.singh4/blog/2005/04/05/create-a-pdf-file-using-java">Create a PDF file using JAVA</a>

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, thanks. That is what I am doing, but I needed to know much more detailed information. I needed to stamp an existing pdf and conditionaly add another page and send it down in one stream.

With some serious tinkering, I figured it out. If anybody is looking for some higher end examples of ITEXT, let me know.

Nathan.