cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q from a beginner: how to do a simulation with the whole portfolio of proj?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We use SAP 4.7 and PS module. We manage about 100 large projects at the same time, each one corresponding to a business case.

When a new business case is coming, my users need a simulation by playing with the whole portfolio of projects to confirm - yes or no - if this new project can be take in charge for example by pulling or pushing the older projects....and by regarding some ratios about total workload...

I have seen that i can easily get a simulation version for a project but for the whole portfolio....is it possible,

how i can do that ?

I thank you very much for your quick advice. It will be very useful for me !

Have a nice day

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt if you can do that!

Let's wait and see others views on this.

Regards

Sreenivas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I still continued to search the better solution within SAP but it dont exit ! So we re going to use OPX2 as a dedicated projects simulator... back luck for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your business process, project simulation functionality can be used. You can create simulation project from operative project. The changes can be made in that simulation project. Based on requirments simulation project will be updated in operational projects.

Are you using Portal for managing projects or xRPM details along with PS?

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rakesh !

No, we dont use the Portal or xRPM for the moment.

For my prob, I am feeling that you are confident in the PS simulation skills.

According to you, is that mean that a first step should be to create a sim's project for each operative projects ? Of course I thought to this solution but I was asking me if it was a common way to use PS in term of feasability. Because I found the CJV1 transaction to create a sim project but also i saw that we can use it only for one project at the same time. So for the whole portfolio, it will be a long work.