Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc scene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My scenario is JMS-XI-Idoc <-> idoc-XI-file

My problem/Question is after the idoc is received in the R/3, how can I trigger another idoc?

should i need to write a inbound process code?

How can I make the above scenario ..

I can accomplish this as two scenarios. but please let me know as how to combine it? What are the steps.

Regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the Whole process as Two scenarios.

First the IDOC will reach from Database to R/3

Then Do the Background Job Schedule in R/3 Inorder to post the Generated IDOC's to XI.

Then these IDOC's will reach to your file system

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the IDOC will reach the Database in R/3 you need to trigger the Background Job Schedule in R/3 with ibound program only and have to post the Generated IDOC's to XI.

Then XI will take it to receiver file system.

Here there will be two scenarios

1. JDBC -

> XI -

> IDOC

2. IDOC -

> XI -

> File

OR

If you wish to send the same generated IDOC to file then you could add one more receiver in the receiver Determination and make the processing Exactly once in order.

This will be virtual thing internally it will come from JDBC to IDOC as well as JDBC to file.

Proably you could use BPM also in XI to rout the IDOC XML to file system also.

Thanks

Swarup

thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Feb 19, 2008 12:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup/Sesha,

I agree that it will be good approach.

but i am not aware of how to do the processing after the idoc is received in R/3/. This will require some process code????

Please suggest

thanks,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go with the process like Background Job Schedules in R/3 using sm36

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The function module IDOC_INBOUND_WRITE_TO_DB is responsible for saving the data to the database. The function module also uses the process code to determine whether processing by ALE services is to take place. thus once you had the process code you could trigger the outbound processing of the IDOC, for it you need to configur the IDOC related parnter profile and all for Inbound as well as Outbound also.

OR

You are getting the IDOC data in Inbound processing, probably you could pass the same data and trigger the Outbound function module for IDOC.

See the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b7eee43d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Feb 19, 2008 2:07 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

wrote a custom inbound process code to trigger the second part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better if u do it in two scenarios,What is the IDOC ur using?. once the data received into R/3 then again some manul process should be there to trigger another IDOC.

for ex: if ur doing the scenario with RepleasePO IDOC(LOIPRO.LOIPRO01) then u have to mannualy release it then only the IDOC will be created,in the same way for inbound the data will be directly posted and for outbound the user have to create the IDOC.

Regards,

Phani