cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job Result to my Internal ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

im Defining a Background job in SM36 and scheduling it. After the completion of that job that particular job result has to come to my Internal ID.is it possible?

Now, ii is generating a Spool request number and going to a Printer.Instead of that SPOOL , i want that Result/Report has to come to my SAP Id.

what & Where can i do this?

Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Very simple. In SM36 while defining a job you have the option Spool List Recipieint.Here you can give your SAP user id.Click on it , you will get a pop up. Supply your user id there. If you want to use an internet address you can use that as well. If job is already defined then change it in SM37.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

I have tried it already. when i select a User form the Internal List, it Says "you dont have AUTHORIZATION to send to Internal Address." . But i have full authorization.

In this case, how can i porceed further?

and not only when i create a job but by default all job results has to come to my ID. who ever creating a job that Result has to come to me automatically.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

If you are getting authorization error then do an Su53 and find out what is missing.

Next the automatic sending is n ot possible as such. You need to define it manually for each and every job .

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Last Transaction Check was Sucessfull it says, when i give SU53 immediately after thje error came.

What is to be done next

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Just a thought.

Is the job creator (you) and the User name of the person running the program (defined in Step in SM36) the same in this case ?

What Im hinting at is, the program inside the job may be run with a different username and HE might not have the authorization. So if you run SU53 from your account, it will not throw up an authorization error, since you are logged in as the you and not the person.

I would check the following if I were you.

1. Is the username of the person running the report/program the same as the one running the job.

2. If they are different, either log in as the user or run a trace on him and find out what he/she is missing.

This sounds like an authorization problem to me too. Also check authorization for S_OC_SEND object.