Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for changing user password cant be accomplished

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured SAP Web AS 6.4 with siteminder for SIngle Sign On(SSO). The set up is working fine and i am able to do SSO for SAP Portal. Now when i change the user settings in Visual Admin as "Change Password when next log on" for an user and then try to access the Web As application afresh , the Password change prompts.This is the expected behavior. But, after entering the details the user password should be changed and the normal access to the Web AS application should be granted. But, in my case, after entering the new password, this message is displayed on the screen :

Forbidden

"Request for changing user password cant be accomplished"

"Details: The server hasn't forced you to change the password or the session is lost"

Can any one tell where i am wrong or the concerned areas for this issue

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody please help me out with this. While browsing through sap site i found one parameter

login/password_change_for_SSO

Do i need to set it manually or how does it value is set?

And is it anyway related to the issue i have pointed to.

0 Kudos

David,

This parameter is an instance profile paramter that is specified in the ABAP instance profile. When ABAP engine starts it uses this parameter when a user logs on to ABAP engine. It is especially useful when you want to deactivate a password in ABAP because user is logging on using SSO2 ticket or SNC-based logon and the ABAP password is therefore not needed anymore. I think in your case you are using external authentication controlled by SiteMinder so maybe this will help ? I am not sure.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

It has a default setting which can by changed. See documentation in report RSPARAM / tcode RZ11 and the answers in this thread:

Cheers,

Julius