cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coloring of a cell in a Grid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a logic to color the cell of a grid if the value of that cell goes out of range.i am using BLS in that i am checking the condition for out of range.i am sending the value cell by cell to the BLS but the problem i am facing is speed issue .suppose if there are 600 Rows and 40 columns then it take almost 1 hr to check the condition for all cells ..i need to reduce the time is there any efficient way of doing this..

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivekkrishnan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I suppose you are colouring the grid in the XAcute transaction output.

Create an XML document like this in Local -> Properties:

<xml>

<dummy>

<param1/>

<param2/>

</dummy>

</xml>

Instead of reading one by one, assign this XML to input you are giving to the BLS use Append XML as the option.

Now this dummy XML is having all the values. Use a repeater on the Dummy XML and this will be little faster, since we are getting all the data in a strech.

The basic idea here is to have all the data into the BLS and process as per the requirements.

Regards,

Vivek K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

sorry for the delay from my side...

Thanks for your valuable suggestion ..

Regards

Nikhil

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

Did you try "color context" in "display template".

Regards,

Ajay.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have 600 rows and 40 columns of information that you're trying to color context and display to the user, you have a poorly designed application! No human being can process that much information.

Does each cell need its own logic or does each row?

You should be using the "CalculatedColumns" action rather than a Repeater + other actions to define/assign your color-related columns. This way the entire logic can be handled in a single action.

Rick

vivekkrishnan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Try defining an xml in the local -> properties of the same type in the BLS and assign it directly to the checking. This way it should get all the data in a single go.

Regards,

Vivek K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

It would be helpful if you Elaborate your logic.

Regards

Nikhil