cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing changes in Syabse database table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help me understand best way to process changes on a database table using XI?

I'm crrently doing this using webmethods where webmethods generates a xml document whenever a row is inserted in a database using adapter notification mechanism. Then I can process this document by calling webservice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you provide more details as to what you wnat to do, are you trying to insert/update a table in sybase??? what are you expecting from sybase??? insert count??

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Naveen,

e.g. I insert a customer record in Sybase system, I would like that XI interface would insert same customer in SAP or another Database system and this should happen as a result in insert in Sybase table.

Other way I can already achive this is by having XI look in a sybase table periodicaly and see if there are new rows of data added to the table since it last looked and then process those rows accordingly. I don't want to use this approach since it keeps looking at certain intervals and most of the time there won't be anything for it to process. Also when there is something to process, it will not be processed instanteneously but only when XI looks at the table next time around.

This is whole debate about pushing data v/s polling for changes. I would like to push the info at the time data is inserted in sybase table instead of having to poll for it.

appreciate your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hmm push from Sybase, you could do that...

you could create a row level insert trigger in sybase which on tiggering could make a soap call to xi. this way you can push data to xi as and when data is inserted into sybase.

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes so far I'm with you. But my difficulty is on making soap call to XI. I'm traditional Db guy, I can create a trigger but don't know what I need to do that will make the soap call to XI when ths trigger gets executed in the background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

give me 10 points and i will tell you how to do

is ur Sybase Adaptive server 9+???

Cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I won't abondone you. Trust me I have no problem with 10 points as long as I understand what I need to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

i was just kidding !!! SDN is a place to help each other out.

u didnt answer my question what version of sybase are you guys running on??

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

here is the document which details on how to call a webservice from sybase

http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/sqlanywhere/0902/en/html/dbdaen9/00000300.htm

Cheers,

naveen

Answers (0)