cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to invoke an event (without an action), when a form loads ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a tabular display, upon a form submission.

Once a row in the table is selected, another dataservice is invoked, and a second form on the same page is populated. Until this point it was easy.

Now on the second form, instead of placing a button and clicking it, it is required to invoke an event "automatically". That means as soon as the second form is populated, an event need to be fired. This is more like HTML onLoad() event !

How to make this possible ?

Once the second form is populated, should I check some field value to be non-null or such thing, then raise an event as a result of the 'formula' ?

Any ideas, are very appreciated.

Prasad Nutalapati

Edited by: Prasad Nutalapati on Feb 19, 2008 9:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just clarify these

Which type of event you want to Trigger?

and rom Which form Second or First ?

Depending upon Action of the button only you can Trigger the Action Wright.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Govindu:

Which type of event you want to Trigger?

Probably any event. Actually I am using Signal Out control as a result of this event, to transmit data from the second form, to an outside portal iview, using EPCM methods.

and from Which form Second or First ?

The second form. First form is just to enter a search criterion. Then a tabular display occurs. A row selected out of this table, calls second data service, and populates the second form. Immediately upon the second form population with data, an event should be raised, with out clicking a button on the second form.

Presently I placed a button on the second form, by clicking which I am able to raise an event which is being subscribed by an external iview using EPCM methods. But I was asked to do it, with out a button.

I hope I explained the problem.

Thanks,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Gud i understood ur problem almost but from second form which type of event you want to trigger and What output you want from that Event(Like any popup ,Table or Any systemaction).

Just tell this then i can creat my model and Tell to u

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Govindu:

Thank you very much for your continued interest.

When a row in the tabular display is clicked, second form gets populated, by a select action. Then as the second form is filled with data, an event (it could be any event, equivalent to pressing a button). As of now, I actually placed a push button on this second form, and connected a signal out to it. On to the connection to this signal out, I mapped available field values from the second form, to the event, such that the target signal in component recieves those values. I am using EPCM javascript methods to subscribe to the above event, from an external portal iview. But I got a request to eliminate the pressing of the button ! Just make the event happen with out it !!

Hope I made it clear !

Prasad

ThatSAPGuy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Prasad-

If I understand your requirement you have a table and a form. On a select action of the table you call a data service which populates the form. What you would like is once the form is populated a Signal Out is also fired.

Why don't you drag out two lines from your data service: one which populates the form and another which fires the Signal Out ?

Please find a [screenshot|http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9624/vc3wa7.png] where I have tried something similar. I am not using a table at the input, but a form instead.

Also I am using VC 7.1 but I am hoping it should be same in VC 7.0.

Cheers-

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome !

It did it !!

Thanks,

Prasad

Answers (0)