cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

way to create proforma invoice inVF04?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a possible way for me to create a proforma invoice in VF04?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot to those who helped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much for the reward points. We are just helping each other out, aint it!

Cheers

MR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below information i could gather with the help of posting from M R I

The billing due list (VF04) operates on the basis of an index VKDFS. If your sales order is not in this table, VF04 will not list it.

The way SAP decides whether or not to put an entry in VKDFS for a given sales order (or delivery) is based on the billing relevance of the item category(s). For example, the standard item category is TAN at this has "A" delivery-related billing. Thus, when you PGI the delivery, and entry is put in VKDFS for the delivery.

When billing is done for a document, such as a delivery in the above example, SAP deletes the entry in the index table.

It follows that for a given sales document with TAN item category, you cannot use VF04 to tell you there is a Pro-Forma "due for billing" and then later a Delivery that is also "due for billing". The very fact that you can (and must be able to) create multiple ProFormas for a given document argues against the possibility to use VF04. Because SAP wants to delete entries from the index once billing has been done. If SAP met your requirement, the index would have to include all sales orders forever!

See Oss Note 86169 for a SAP program, depending on your version, that seems to be a bolt-on to list documents the way you describe.

SAP does mention in the help for the billing relevance field in the item category that "To create a pro forma invoice, the billing relevance indicator must be blank". This means (I think, but haven't tested) that if you did have a sales order with an item category that had billing relevance blank, you might get an entry in VKDFS for that document. (Sidenote: we all know that you can still create a ProForma for a TAN item via VF01, so SAP doesn't mean literally that this has to be blank to create a ProForma; that's why I assume SAP means to create a ProForma via VF04 it must be blank).

Now, having said that, you can go to the default data of VF04 (see Menu Settings > Default Data) and input the billing type (ex. F8). SAP will then propose any Deliveries that are in the index VKDFS and you can create ProFormas. BUT, this only proposes Deliveries that haven't yet been billed truly with an F2. See?

Are you wanting ProForma's for Orders that will later get Delivered and Billed? If Yes, then I don't think you will be able to use VF04 since I don't think SAP will ever put an entry in the index for that sales order. If, however, this particular order type is order-related billing (similar to a credit memo with no delivery) then there will be an entry for the order BUT only up until the point that the order is truly billed, at which point that order gets deleted from the index.

Kinldy Reward points if usefull

Regards

vK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please close this thread as this seems to be a duplicate. Please check the following link for some information on your question.

www.jt77.com/system-dynamics/model-07468.html -

or google Proforma invoice using VF04

I believe this should help you.

Cheers

MR