cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With Checkin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been receiving the following error when I try to checkin a CAF DC creation activity in the DTR:

FAILED: No prefix found for development component "appl/testing/dictionary". Appropriate development

component prefix should be configured in SLD (Restart IDE after reconfiguring SLD).;No prefix found for

development component "appl/testing/ejbmodule". Appropriate development component prefix should be

configured in SLD (Restart IDE after reconfiguring SLD).;No prefix found for development component "appl/

testing/ear". Appropriate development component prefix should be configured in SLD (Restart IDE after

reconfiguring SLD).;No prefix found for development component "appl/testing/permissions". Appropriate

development component prefix should be configured in SLD (Restart IDE after reconfiguring SLD).;No

prefix found for development component "appl/testing/metadata". Appropriate development component

prefix should be configured in SLD (Restart IDE after reconfiguring SLD). a23 at 18:19:47.671

The Software Component's vendor is test.com, and I've created the following DC Name Prefix in the SDL:

test.com/appl

When I create the Development Component, the Prefix combo box is disabled.

I read about a similar problem in this post:

but I working on NWCE SP03, and there's many things I just can't find, and I believe architecture changed

a little since then.

I also restarted CMS after I created this Prefix, but combo box is still disabled, so i typed the appl

as part of the name, thats why the above have "appl" as part of it.

Would you give a hand on this? Some heads-up perhaps about configuration of Name Prefixes in NWCE 7.1 SP03?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,

Reynod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ThatSAPGuy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Reynod-

Here are a couple of things you could check/do:

1. Is your NWDS pointing to the correct Landscape Directory. To check this go to Windows -> Preferences -> Development Infrastructure -> Landscape Directory. Ping the directory to check connectivity.

2. In your SLD go to Name Reservation and check if the button for Enable this SLD as Name Server for NWDI was clicked.

3. In the Name Prefixes tab choose Development Component Name in the Name Category drop down and check if the DC prefix you are using is present in this list. The DC prefix should be something like abc.com/def where abc.com is the vendor and will appear in your vendor drop down when you create a DC def will appear as the prefix to your DC. If not present add an entry.

4. Stop the SLD service by going to Administration -> Stop Server and then starting it again by clicking on Start Server.

5. Restart your NWDS.

6. Try and create a DC now and you should see a vendor called abc.com and the prefix pre-populated with def

Good luck.

Cheers-

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for your help, it seems it was a refresh problem on CMS, I restarted again and finally prefix

showed up.

Thanks again.

Regards

Reynod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reynod,

I have the same problem if I try to check in my CAF DC for create I get the same problem.

I create a name prefix on SLD. Also updated the CMS. But it's not working.

Can you provide me the solution in details?

Thanks,

Yasar

0 Kudos

Hi Yasar,

can you just try to log off and then log on for development configuration and then try to create new Developmet Component.

Thanks and Regards

Dimitrij Afonitschkin

Answers (0)