cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: How to issue point-to-point conn ABAP proxy to PC*Miler distance calc

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking for direction as to how we can directly talk to PCMiler (ALK Technologies for getting distance calulations for shipping) via an ABAP Proxy program in our SAP ECC system. Currently we route the ABAP Proxy call to XI where it is then picked up by a JAVA Proxy then passed on to PCMiler residing on one of our servers. The problem we are experiencing is periodic disconnects in the Java stack that timeout the response back from PCMiler thus causing shipment backups. So our goal is to move the communications off XI and have a direct point to point call from the ABAP proxy to the PCMiler application (.Net appication). In SDN any search on "PCMiler" points to SAP DDS module which integrates with PCMiler which is very specific to DDS just requiring configuration. Older issues seem to suggest that you had to go through SAP Business connector; of course that was prior to XI/PI which is the current middleware. PC*Miler has a TCP/IP interface but again my question is can I have an SAP ABAP Proxy call the .Net application directly and if so how.

Thanks

Dereck Purnell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

suhel_sheikh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone share the same with me as well?

@ingo.kiesewetter2

@joris.bayer

Regards,

Suhel Sheikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

umesh hi

could you send me that info also to connect pc miler 20 to my profit tools software if its possible!

Thanks bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also looking at PC Miler and trying to connect using V56DISTZ. I would REALLY appreciate any documentation.

Points will GLADLY be rewarded.

Cheers,

Lori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lori: I don't have a contact email for you, will gladly send the doc I received for creating a web service for PcMiler.

Dereck

0 Kudos

Hi Dereck,

We were able to connect to PC miler from SAP.

I will send you steps in separate email.

Please reward points if it is helpful.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh,

Thanks so much for the detailed documentation! We will start to put your recommendation into action and after reviewing are very hopefule that it will solve our problem as well. I have awarded 6 points and will upgrade to 10 when we complete and test the interface. Many thanks again for your prompt and thorough response! I will let you know how we are doing.

Many thanks and kind regards

Dereck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dereck or Umesh,

Would you be able to send that document to me? We are also trying to get a direct connection to PCMiler from ABAP.

Thank you in advance,

Khoi Hoang

IngoKiesewetter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Umesh,

we are having a similar requirement. Would it be possible to share the steps you took for this to work?

Thanks!

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh/Dereck

Can anybody please share the information/document on how to connect PC Miler from SAP?

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh/Dereck,

I am in the same boat. We have developed java proxy (PI) to connect pcmiler thru tcp/ip and get the response. Getting random issue/errors. I would like to see the steps for connecting to pcmiler from SAP. Could you please the document to me?

Thanks,

Ramesh

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Could you please forward me the documentation on PC Miler / SAP as well? .

Thanks a lot,

Joris

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Could you please forward me the documentation on PCMiler / SAP integration ? Highly appreciated!

Regards