cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Space on Thumbnail Image Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all-

I'm loading some CMYK images into my repository (5.5 SP05) and trying to use the default thumbnail variant in a web application. For some reason, even though the color space of the thumbnail is set to RGB, it doesn't get converted when the thumbnail is created. This results in a .jpg that is CMYK (and isn't understood by a browser).

If I create a custom variant as .jpg and of the RGB color space, it works fine after generation. Is this a bug? Or is there a way to force the generation of thumbnails? I was trying to not have too many variants in my repository because I was worried about bloating it. Perhaps this shouldn't be a concern, but it still seems as if the thumbnail should get converted to RGB according to the settings in the Console. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

Sounds like this may be a bug. Since the Thumbnails are set to RGB, and cannot be changed, it seems as though they should be generated in RGB color space.

One thing to try. Go into the images table, right click on an image in the records window, and select Generate Thumbnail. I believe it will actually regenerate the thumbnail. Maybe this will regenerate with the RGB color space. That's my only idea. Other than that you really don't have much control over the thumbnails.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim-

Thanks for the tip on regenerating the thumbnails, I didn't know that existed. Unfortunately however, it did not change the color space of the thumbnail. I guess I'll stick with a custom variant.

Tim

Answers (0)