cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "Enterprise Services Repository:" a new feature of PI7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For PI7.0, I do not see "Enterprise Services Repository:" at all.

Is it a new feature of PI7.1 OR it is another name of "integration Repository"?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The "Enterprise Services Repository" replaces the 7.0 Integration Repository.

All IR content is moved to ESR during upgrade. The ESR is delivered with PI 7.1, but can be installed separately as well.

Regards

Stefan

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stefan,

When u say can be separately installed as well, what does it mean, can u plz clarify it. So u mean I can have IR/ ID and ESR too?

raj.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ESR can be installed without PI.

It can be used for example by a CE 7.1 installation.

But PI 7.1 needs ESR as PI 7.0 needs IR.

Regards

Stefan

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Stefan. That was exactly what I mentioned above in this thread.

VJ

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VJ,

The question is , Integration Repository is new feature of PI 7.1? You said it comes as separate Installation. We are all in the aspect of Process Infrastructure and not out of the box. Stefan cleared that it can be installed separately for CE 7.1, but not for PI 7.1? I mean there is no IR+ ID+ ESR, do u agree with that?

raj.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you check out the new ESR forum for further information:

Kind regards

Stefan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay ,

Do u think ESR is in Separate java stack? I won't think so. I heard that ESR is the enhanced feature of Inegration Repository.

Please refer -/people/susanne.rothaug/blog/2007/06/28/enterprise-services-repository-and-registry-with-sap-netweaver-process-integration-71, also the document pointed out in the blog.

raj.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

I beleive its an additional component on the Java stack. It is not shipped with 7.0. One has to install it separately I believe. Repository has been named Enterprise Serivese Repository that is corect. But is is strongly attahced to Enterprise Service Registry.

I am not sure if I am getting confused with these two components..!!

VJ

Edited by: VijayShankar Konam on Feb 18, 2008 4:16 PM

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

If u look into the architectural diagram of PI 7.1, then it will give u an idea. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/53/fe48b44c5e4bcab5c71fdcf3ee9bc7/content.htm

raj.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ESR is new with 7.1 version. It is a separate installation on the Java Stack..!! I am also longing to have my hands on this new thingy..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

However, if you look at PI7.1 trouble-shooting guide, page 100, you can see that ESR is at the place used to be

"integration repository".

Please explain more. Thanks!