cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction of documents frm SAP DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMS Experts,

We have this business need for transfering documents attached to a DIR from SAP DMS to Documentum tool. Just wanted to see if there is any automated tool around this area that would support our need. Can anyone out there throw some light on this issue.

Points for sure!!

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've also done the same using ABAP code, ectract to a document folder. Also take into account that there are web services available in ECC 6.0.

For abap, do a loop over BAPI_CHECKOUT_VIEW, and extract to a network share.

Espen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have similar requirement to transfer the documents from SAP to a Java based application. Is it possible to perform the same thourgh utility or the same procedure mentioned above. Here also i need the effort required for it as well.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

you can user BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTVIEW2 to check file out from SAP. This can be done even with a VBA-macro.

regards Iring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iring,

Thanks for getting back to me .. Any idea how i can go with VBA macro to achieve this. It would be great if you have any documentation in this regard.

Thanks a ton!!

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some third party vendors out there. I'm working on a project where Seal Systems, www.sealsystems.com is used and is working quite well.

Regards,

Espen Leknes