cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new document type for shopping cart /PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created a new transaction type ZSHC for Shopping carts in SRM. I have given it a new number range.

while creating a shopping cart , how do i ensure that my shopping carts get created with this transaction type?

is there any attribute which controls this ?

Regards,

Mangesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you need a different transaction type for shopping cart.

If you need different different document type for PO's you can control through the BADI. ( We did the same method)

Let me know more information, I suggent you a suitable solution.

Thank You

Sreedhar Vetcha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar ,

we have a requirement where we have to create a different no range and document type for one particular business within the organization.

We are just trying to find out how we can use a different type for shopping cart for identifying the SC's for this business.

While creating shopping cart , do we have an option of selecting a type of SC?

Regards,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

any solutions on the above mentioned problem. We are facing the same problem.

I appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u try Organizational structure PPOMA_BBP, where you can use select the users can maintain the new document type in attribute BSA "Document Type in R/3 System".

Select the Logical system followed by backslash and new document type.

Also you can maintain the document type at a higher node level.

This will be inherited by users maintained for that node.

Edited by: Venkatesh Sriraman on May 5, 2008 10:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreedhar Vetcha

Can you please let us know what BADI did you use for having multiple document type for PO.

We have a similar requirement where we want doucment type A for catalog/goods and newly created document type B for service orders.

When I had this newly created document type B for a particular user in PPOMA_BBP in BSA attribute, this document type B is getting picked up even for catalog goods as well as service.

Thanks in advance for your input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkatesh,

You can use BADI "BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW" and Method "FILL_PO_INTERFACE1" (if you are using R/3 4.7 or higherversion as backend). This will transfer Shopping Cart data to BAPI "BAPI_PO_CREATE1" which ultimately creates PO.

FILL_PO_INTERFACE1 is used to change SC Data for "BAPI_PO_CREATE1" based on specified conditions.

Hope this is useful.

Thanks

Shrini Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shrini for your response.

BADI "BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW" does not exist in SRM 4.0. The corresponds BADI in SRM 4.0 is "BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK".

The documentation of this BADI says that it can be used to change all data TRANSFERRED TO THE BACKEND SYSTEM to create a purchase order.

I would want the document type to be selected when the PO is created in SRM and not when SRM transfers the PO to the backend. Because in that case I fear that SRM can have one doucment type and R/3 would end up having different document type for same PO.

I will activate the BADI and keep the thread posted.

Thanks

Venkatesh

Answers (0)