cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide Personnel Number Column in FI txns.

former_member196034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As you know in FI there are many transactions, for example FB03 allows you to display a document and you can then click 'Select Layout' and change the layout to include the Personnel Number field.

I do not want many of my end-users to be able to display this Personnel Number field because they would be able to see what others are earning.

I can't see any authorisation check in the program code that checks for an auth-obj such as p_pernr.

Can anyone tell me how to go about preventing users listing the Personnel Number field in the various FI transactions.

Many thanks.

Babak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to encrypt the Personal number at domain level. Only users having proper authorization can see the decrypted numbers. And others will see some combination of symbols and characters. I am unable to recollect exact procedure..

former_member196034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me more about this solution?

Thanks,

Babak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I can't see any authorisation check in the program code that checks for an auth-obj such as p_pernr.

I can't remember exactly, but there are some HR checks in FI transactions and reporting (you asked about using authorizations at this point). I cannot remember having seen P_PERNR though. Take a look in tcode SU24 (or SU22 for the SAP owned suggestions and settings) to see whether there is one available, and then get your HR folks (and possibly also an HR ABAPer) to take a look at the problem and the possibilities available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have HR in the same system and client as your FI? Or is it external (perhaps even non-SAP?)?

Some general comments:

You can deactivate line item display on the accounts which these "FI postings" go to.

Manual postings on "earnings" are not "normal"... At most, a different adjustment account might be a good idea.

You can protect the account using the (optional!) protection mechanism of account groups, and authority to maintain account groups. This should work for FB03 as transaction context. Try searching for "F_BKPF_BES" (and BEK and BED) and F_SKA1_BUK (and KNA1 and LFA1) for more infos.

Kind regards,

Julius