cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reclassifications in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you give me any advice on the configuration of the Reclassifications of receivables in FICA. I need the debt to be posted to different GL accounts according to the remaining term (short, long term).

Rgs.

Edited by: RBK on Apr 23, 2008 5:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Though I could not understand your Q properly, I understand that you are trying to post to different GL Accounts based on terms. Right?

In that case you need to configure

1. Different payment terms...map them unto FICA..attach them in Contract account master data

2. Configure main/sub transactions and attach them to separate GLs'.

3. Now when you post documents <can use FPE1>, you'd see postings to different GL Accs.

Hope this is clear..if this is not what you are looking for, pls elaborate your requirement.

Rgds

Rajendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I am looking for is a process that make this reclassification posting automatically, according to the due date of the receivable (short term debt, long term debt). I am not sure is the Reclassification process at SAP tx: FPRECL supports this or its only to reclassify receivable account with credit balance and payable account with debit balance.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...got the point...I assume that you have configured for Reclassifications...If not pls configure in IMG\FICA\Closing Operations\Define Receiveables and payables account

also in IMG\FICA\Closing Operations\Define summarization accounts

Also to view the Open Items you can use FPO1

<Periodic Processing >Closing Preparation>Open Items at Key Date (Parallel Processing) >

You have to run FPRECL for reclassifcation postings.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one more question, where do I set the time range to consider the debt as long term or short term... else where do I set the G/L accounts for the reclassification according to the terms? IMG\FICA\Closing Operations\Define summarization accounts?

Do you ussually use this process to make this reclassification? or do you make this reclassification postings manually???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

FYI....

I have one more question, where do I set the time range to consider the debt as long term or short term... else where do I set the G/L accounts for the reclassification according to the terms?

I do not think that differentiation of long term/short debt is possible... I do not see mapping of Payterms with GL accounts either...what I suggest you is to configure Receivables & Payables account along with Summarization accounts. Run FPRECL ...and see the posting entries...may be you can regroup your config alongside with your requirement.

Do you ussually use this process to make this reclassification? or do you make this reclassification postings manually???

As suggested above Pls execute FPRECL and view the results...Unfortunately I do not have active ISU system with me...else I 'd have guided you approrpiately.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Rajendra