Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import -Manully

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to import a role manully into my TRG System. How is it done?

I have done the followiing:

STMS_IMPORT now dont know what to do !-Explorign options though

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

stms_import is correct. place your mouse on the number of the transport (at least somewhere in the near vicinity, meaning: on the same line). press the small truck, meaning the truck the cargo area of which is only 1/4 full. switch to tabstrip 'options' and unmark all flags. accept every popup follwing this - make sure you do it asynchronous (you'll be asked).

Edited by: Mylene Euridice Dorias on Feb 18, 2008 6:15 PM - way a typo there (bad grammar)

0 Kudos

The SOURCE is DEV ,

Target is TRG

I have logged into TRG , Gave a STMS_IMPORT , but my transport numb eris no there !!

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

George,

For moving roles from one system to another there's also the download/upload functionality in PFCG. Have you expplored that? Steps:

On your source system download the role(s) to a textfile from transaction PFCG, menu 'role', option 'download' or menu 'utilities', option 'Mass download'.

Upload that on the target system, again via PFCG, menu 'Role' option 'upload'

Generate the profile for the role(s)

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Jurgen,

Thx. I never explored this though..I will.

The problem here is I dont have the PFCG complete in TRG client ! wonder why though --though I have a very overeaching auths !

0 Kudos

>

> I dont have the PFCG complete in TRG client

What do you mean by that? You're missing tabs? If so, in PFCG do not open a role but enter menu 'goto' option 'settings' and set it to complete view.

0 Kudos

Juergen the only setting I have is in HELP

When I navigate to "Goto" only thing I see it F3 -BACK ! i am on 46c

0 Kudos

I've just been looking in my 'older' miniSAP but that's WAS 610 and already looks like NW2004 in PFCG.

Am I correct in understanding that you miss some tabs in PFCG?

How about the menu options I mentioned for down- and upload?

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Feb 18, 2008 7:34 PM

0 Kudos

I have done the following:

1. At source CLNT

a. PFCG ,transported the role with TARGET TRN message reced: TRN is not a consolidation clinet --( This was only a warning)

2. At target client :

a.STMS_IMPORT

I search for my transport number --> Its absent --> who stole my transport , where is my transport hiding : (

0 Kudos

Download options are present, but I need to generate it after the up load which i cannot do.

Yes What you guessed is right its the TAB thats missing- Authorization

0 Kudos

>

> a. PFCG ,transported the role with TARGET TRN message reced: TRN is not a consolidation clinet --( This was only a warning)

So, TRN is not in the transport route of your source system (This is a guess)

> 2. At target client :

> a.STMS_IMPORT

> I search for my transport number --> Its absent --> who stole my transport , where is my transport hiding : (

It is hiding somewhere in the transport route of your source system. (If my guess on no 1 is right) You may need to move the datafile and cofile manually to the target system.

In that case I urge you to explore the PFCG download-upload as it is easier. I'll do a search on helpfiles for you.

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Feb 18, 2008 8:06 PM

About the transport, in STMS_IMPORT go to extras -> other requests -> add and hit f4 on the tranport field. maybe your transport is hiding there.... if not, you'll have to move files manually.

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Feb 18, 2008 8:18 PM

0 Kudos

George,

If you run report RSPARAM on your TRN system, what is the value of auth/no_check_in_some_cases ? should be Y according to note 416016

0 Kudos

Thanks all...Solved. Dont ask me how..Transpoted it and now its present in myTRN.

One of the error that i found was in the CLNT fld I gave TRN which is wrong. It should read the number XXX

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved