cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender SMTP Adapter / Content Based Routing / Mapping of an attachement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm still working on my SMTP --> PI --> Proxy scenario (asynchronous). I've tried several different properties of my sender communication channel (type = mail), but I didn't find the correct configuration. Hopefully it exists.

I'm working with PI 7.0 SP10.

I get an inbound message via Mail using sender SOAP Adapter. The message payload itself is an attachement. Now I'd like to do the following:

a) Content Based Routing in Receiver Determination based on the message subject

b) Mapping of the Attachement XML message to my inbound proxy interface

Now, trying to do so, I didn't get it work. When I use XIPAYLOAD with keep attachements, I get two attachements in my inbound message (one in XI mail package format having the subject within, one with the IDoc structure I'd like to map). How can I assign the second attachement to be used for my message mapping?

When I use XIALL instead of XIPAYLOAD, I think the mapping will work but my subject for content based routing will be lost, right? That one I didn't get running because of another failure, so I don't know the exact behaviour of the adapter for that configuration.

Anybody out there who know the correct configuration for the sender mail adapter for my small scenario above?

BR

Holger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the reason, that you do not use the mail adapter?

In the mail adapter you can set the Adapter-Specific Message Attributes and use the subject for routing.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

sorry for misunderstanding, for sure I'm using the mail adapter, not the SOAP Adapter. I'm actually on the same direction. I'm using XIPAYLOAD as message protocoll (having the attachement as the content for the mapping --> correct). Furthermore I've also found the predefined context objects for the content based routing receiver determination.

What I missed was setting the following properties in the communication channel:

To store adapter attributes in the message header of the XI message, set the Set Adapter-Specific Message Attributes indicator.

The following attributes are added to the XI message header if the sender makes them available, and if the Variable Transport Binding indicator is set.

Now it's working

BR

Holger

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Are you doing SMTP->PI->Proxy?

Could you please help how to configure sender MAIL communication channel using SMTP protocol.

did it work for you?

I need this urgently.

Thanks in advance..

Murali