cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

in the material master there is the quality management tab. When you click on inspection setup button, you can add several inspection types which will be triggered at different situations in the system. I think the inspection characteristics fot the inspection types can be defined in qs61.

My question is: If I want to assign two insepction types to one material, can I assign different inspection characteristics for both of the material's inspection types? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks

Anne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anne:

In configutation you define the inspection types with a value called "Usage". This usage equates to the usages defined for inspection plans in configuration.

You use different inspection plans for different usages. You might set up a usage of 9. Then you assign inspection type 09 to usage 9 and create an inspection plan with a usage of 9.

For the same material, you assign a usage of 4 to the 04 inspection types. Then create an inspection plan with a usage of 4. Thus 04's and 09's can have different plans and different characteristics.

SAP provides a number of usage already and you should review them and how they are used.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig

thanks for your answer.

What is the transaction of this configuration where I can define the inspection types with a

"Usage"?

Anne

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to configuration - (SPRO)

Then: Quality Management>Quality Inspection>Inspection Lot creation-->Maintain Inspection types.

Once on the screen with the list of inspection types, double click on anyone. You'll see the "task list usage" field about 2/3 of the way down.

Some special inspection types do not allow you to specify a task list usage as they are predefined in hard code by SAP. For instance, 03 inspection types get their characteristics from receipes and orders, not an inspection plan.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again, I found that setting!

Where can I define an inspection plan, would that be the qs61 transaction?

Thanks so much

Anne

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QP01/QP02/QP03

QM>Quality Planning>Inspection Planning-->Inspection Plan

Craig

0 Kudos

Hello Anne,

if you want to use the QS61 for setting up material specifications then it would not be possible to maintain different characteristics to different inspection lot types.

These settings are valid in the entire client.

Alongside with the setting in QS61 you would also have to state that in the material master in the inspection type that you are using material specifications (Flag in the inspection type settings).

I hope that this answer alongside with Craigs help you to resolve this issue.

Regards

Isabelle

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I create a inspection setup types for alot of materials at one time? Is there a load program out there that will create the inspection setups at the material level?

Thanks.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QA08 is the mass maintainance transaction for inspection types for material masters. You must however already have the basic QM view created.

Craig