cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO and Blackberry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are looking to use blackberrys for users to release PO's etc, we do not use Single Sign On currently, but I have been asked to setup SSO for blackberry users so they can access directly from their blackberrys and not need to sign on.

Is there a way of setting up SSO just for blackberrys/specific users ? I've looked at SAP Help and it looks like a global setting on the SAP instance when you set the paramaters :

login/create_sso2_ticket = 1

login/accept_sso2_ticket = 1

I am looking to set this up on our DEV ECC 5 system for now, then QA & Prod when it works, but we also have BW. XI and SCM, so I take it leaving parameter login/accept_sso2_ticket = 0 on those systems means SSO will only be available in our ECC 5.0 environment.

Anyone set anything up like this before?

Edited by: ecnirp on Feb 18, 2008 5:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

david_pham
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is how we implemented SSO for our BB users:

The idea is to develop a custom login module to validate the user's email address (in the header) and the IP of your BES server against a storage (i.e. database).

Procedure:

1. Configure BES to pass email address in the header of the request.

2. Configure Load Balancer (if applicable) and Web Dispatcher (if applicable) to pass the source IP of the BES server to the app server.

3. Write a custom Login Module to validate the email address and the IP. If find a match, let the user in.

We deployed the login module to our production environemnt several months ago and it has been running without any issue.

Note that SAP also has a solution (MBAMSO03_0-10002892.SCA) but it does not satisfy our requirements so we created this custom login module.

Best Regards

Answers (0)