Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concatenate interface fields to Text Field in interactive forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I'm looking for solution.

I created adobe interactive form displaying in ABAP WebDynpro, using ZCI layout

I want to display sample text like: Hello mr. John today is monday. - John and monday are variables from interface.

But I have problem with this. It’s possible concatenate string values binding to one UI element?

I was tried initialize script (FormCalc, JavaScript) for TextField bud, it don' t work. – something was bad.

For example I have defined Global field in form interface and concatenate value in initialize runtime, it works for ABAP callings from front-end.

But when I show form from WebDynpro initialize runtime does not call from framework.

Can some body help me.

Or write same sample, thank you !!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

use a single TextField and concatenate the string before putting it into the context. FormCalc or JavaScript won't be needed then.

A good way to determine where the problem resides is to create an addition WD based

TextView and display the same data there. If it shows up with data there and with no

data in the form, then the problem resides in the form rather than in the WD context.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas.

But when I need display long sentence where are for example ten variables. Concatenate string in application is not good idea.

I suppose the application only fill interface(data) like date, name, city .... and form represent this data formatted.

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

well, it seems as each of the solutions has its drawbacks. Using Adobe forms the

layout is static and only becomes dynamic using scripting. Moving the dynamic part

out of the form to a string concatenate has its drawbacks as well. There seems to

be no perfect way.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)