Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys.

We are running MI7.0 sp13.

Im trying to sync the client to the server so I can install Mobile Components on the client. Im getting the following error :

File not found during config info collection : Windows/Start Menu/MIServer.ink

Also, another error :

Error while installing an AWT application : (cannot open jar file /MI/Lib/Zxxx.jar)

(the zxxx.jar is my Java application.)

I had a look on my mobile device and what I have under this directory is MobileInfrastructure.ink...

Do I have to change this? This is part of the MI CAB file and it should work??? So why isnt it!

Please advise,

Christiaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan,

well, if I read that correctly - yu are on a mobile device and try to run your MI application and it is not running at all? But why can you then download your app?

Well, the startup link in your Startup folder should start MI. Please check for JSCPOUT file in the / folder of the PDA. There you will find more informations if the startup of MI fails. Can you even start MI manually and logon?

This information would be helpfull.

On the other hand: start MI manually with the link in the startup folder - this should work usually!

If it does not help, please provide me with a better description - cause I am a little confused.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi O,

Seems like you are to my rescue - again!

Ok. I am able to start up my MI on the client (stock take device) from the start menu. There is an item in the start menu "Mobile Infrastructure". This takes me to the MI login and I do all the log-in stuff.

Now, when I syncronise for the forst time, I get a device number which must be send from the Server side (we are running this on a portal).

Next, I go to the Mobile Admin (we're running MI 7.0 SP13 like i mentioned) and find this device number. I then add a Mobile Component to it, and it shows a status along the lines of "Deployment at next Syncronization".

When I then again try to sunc the mobile device, it shows that it is connecting and syncina and everything, but I get a message along the lines of : "All info recived for client rejected" on the client. When I then go back to the Mobile Admin->Device Maintenace to check out the errors tab, I get the Errors described above.

It is looking for a MobileEngine.lnk file... But, I actually have a MobileInfrastructure.lnk file there..

It is worth mentioning that we are usgrading from MI 2.1. I went back and had a look at the CAB files of the MI2.1 client, and saw that there is in fact a MobileEngine.lnk in there! COuld it therefore still be looking for the ols .lnk file?

Therefore, where do I change these settings that it should now look for the MobileInfrastructure.lnk file instead?

Also, would you mind giving some detailed steps on how to fill in the fields in transaction MCD? Im not too sure what to fill in on the Deployment tab... It just confuses me...

Also, I wonder if im getting the error "cannot open jar file Zxxx.jar" BECAUSE these MCD settings are in-correct...

Please let me know!

Christiaan