Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import data into qualifiers - mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How I can import data into qualifiers?

I have employees in standart business content "employee", and want add their addresses into qualified table "adresses" which all fields is qualifiers.

I try to use "Quafied update option" but I dont understand where I can make mapping between my souce table and qaulifiers fields...

thank's!

wbr,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

First of all before importing you main table records you must import all your lookup tables even qualified tables.

If you do not populate you qualified table values before importing the main records there are three ways to do this:

Adding the Values manually:

When importing the main records if any qualified values are left out ,you can manually add them in your value mapping and then import the main records.

Creating a Compound fields:

For doing this you first need to map all the main table fields then,you need to create a compound field in your source side and map it to the look up qualifier field.

Set qualifier update:

This procedure is already explained above by others.

Note: You need to note that without Non Qualifier ther is no meaning using a qualifier table as this will have no added advantage but will only increase the complication .Besides only the non qualifier fields are visible,the non qualifier fields will not be seen while mapping that is why you are facing a problemin mapping.

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards

SImona pinto

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you All!

You helps me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

Follow the following steps in Import Manager:

1) Select the main table in the source field

2)In the destination fields ,Map the no qualifiers then select the no qualifier and right click u will find options : select Set Qualified Update ,in that select select Update .

3)In that tab u will find a pop up window "Set Matching Qualifiers " in that select the Yes qualifiers u want from the list given.

4)In above tab if u are importing for the first time select "Create " and "Update all mapped qualifiers".

5) After mapping all no qualifiers and selecting "Update" map the other fields and then import the data .

In data manager u can select ur main table and see that data is populated .

Hope this is useful to you.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

Follow dis blog which discusses about Qualified table and how to import Qualified table

Taming the animal - Qualified Tables

/people/pooja.khandelwal2/blog/2006/03/29/taming-the-animal--qualified-tables

Regards Tejas.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose you hav two non qualifiers say field1 and field2(make them as display field in console),and field three is a qualifier field.

In Import manager select source table and destination table as qualified table.Then in Map fields Tab map the nonqualifier fields (field 1 and 2)and import the data .

Then select source table and destination table as main table.

Then In Map Fields Tab Map other fields along with nonqualifiers.Then select the qualifier field on source side(field3) right click say Create Compound field(This allows u to create a compound field which is a combination of Nonqualifiers).This field gets automapped.

then In Match Records tab select a field and do the import.

Note : u cant have jst a single non qualifier,it wont allow u to create a compound field.

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Nisha