cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote client copy or System Copy while creating prd client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have recently installed the PRD server and want to move the client from QAS server to PRD,

please clarify few points,

1. For remote client copy should i use profile sap_cust .

if i use this profile then, will it take both Client dependent and client Independent data to PRD server, If not then how do i move Workbench request, Because there are lot of workbench requests,

2. Secondly someone suggested me to do system copy , is this it correct way ...?

i have already installed PRD server.

Please input your suggestions.

Regards,

SM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shark,

SAP_CUST Customizing client copy only copies local customizing tables and not cross client customizing as far as I know.

So either you got for transporting the transport requests or a full fledged system copy. In case you production is blank system copy is not such a bad idea. But I personally would prefer transports.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply,

If i do the system copy , its again a full installation process, i would rather go with Client copy then transport the cross clients tables.In this case shall i use sap_cust...?

Regards,

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shark,

Why would system copy need fresh installation. I didn't get that part.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Here the production server is already installed,

for system copy , first i have to make exports from Quality server , then give that export on prd server while it asks for exports, this is the approach what i know about System copy.

instead of this i want to execute client copy.

please input your suggestions,

Regards,

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Personally, I think System Copy is the best approach to replicate your Production system into the Quality Assurance.

I had issues with Remote Client Copies and Client Copies, etc etc before due to our database size, about 500GB, and is growing. Note that remote client copy can take weeks even months to complete!!

By doing System Copy, all it takes is only to restore database (sapdata) files and redo logs. After that only the post-copy steps. All in, the System copy takes me the most 1/2 day exercise, and Voila! We got ourselves a Quality Assurance System that is an exact copy of the Production database.

System Copy is so convenient that we have scheduled this exercise every quarter. Even an ad-hoc request to refresh the Quality System is not an issue. I just need to ensure the backup tape of Production is avaible.

regards